TFI is it worth it? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > TFI is it worth it?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-18-2002, 09:17 AM   #1
bodi

TFI is it worth it?

Ok, after staying up last night reading lots of old posts I feel I understand more yet no nothing. On Wednesday I had my mechanic install the remanufactered carter carb 2bb and it drove really nice. He did say that it would probably run rough soon as the whole carb would settle and to just bring it in and the idle and mixture will be adjusted. now i plan to learn how to do all this as i didn't just buy the jeep to pay someone else to work on. My plans for the future is to probably put a holley projection in it but for now i have been reading about the TFI juice box. is this really worth the $125 or should i just put this money aside for the projection? i figure if this is a new rebuilt carb i should at least get a year or two out of it. it comes with a lifetime warranty so i don't want to throw it away after just putting it on. sorry if i sound stupid but right now i feel stupid. i want to get the engine running well before dumping money into a lift and shocks, etc.

83 CJ7 w/remanufactured jasper 258 I6 w/t-5, Weber carb, new exhaust, PS, PB, 2 1/2" Lift, 31" BFG's, herculined interior and s**t brown paint job (for now) "in to deep..but thats when it starts getting fun"
Brown Jeep Club Member #2
bodi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2002, 09:54 AM   #2
glm 87 wrangler

Well if you plan on putting FI on later any way you will need the TFI or HEI.I have the TFI and it improved my jeeps performance.You will get better gas millage and better performance.I got my stuff through glenn and I got the Juice Box at www.driveajeep.com it has a lot of info.It worth it because you want have to drive around town and find all the parts you need.Some stores have the parts and others dont.He also makes the mounting bracket for the coil stainless steal and ready to go on your jeep.So in my option its well worth it.You may save 30 bucks looking for all the stuff yourself not including haveing to make a mounting braket for the coil.Hope this helps.The choise is yours..later, gary
Unread 01-19-2002, 10:57 AM   #3
Guy Hollister

Go to my buddy Rene's site and check out the pics and cost for yourself.
http://www.jeepresourceuk.co.uk/main33.html

Guy
Unread 01-19-2002, 11:51 AM   #4
glm 87 wrangler

That was great guy and i seen it before but i had trouble locating the wire pigtale and the adaptor..That why i went with glenn.But yea if you can find all these parts together there ya go all ya need.Same as Glenns stuff minus the coil mounting bracket.
Unread 01-19-2002, 05:04 PM   #5
Darko

go to www.jeepz.com he shows you how you can do a TFI with parts from your local hardware store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.