TF999 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > TF999

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-11-2002, 12:02 AM   #1
hawaiian4x4

TF999

howzit,got a auto tranny tf999 from a freind of mine,but he told me it needs to be rebuild.Should I spend the money to rebuid this tranny?dont know to much about this tranny.Any advice would be helpful.Much mahalos

hawaiian4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2002, 06:21 AM   #2
Hooch

That depends on what you want to use it for... If you've got a stock 258 l6 or even a 304 V8 it should hold up fine. The TF999 is a medium duty tranny and a rebuild kit isn't very expensive if you intend to do the rebuild yourself.

If however you've got anything bigger than the 304 like a 360, it will probably hold up for quite a while providing the tranny is in a good condition or a rebuilt one, but in this case you'd be better off with a TF727 which is the heavy duty version. This tranny will also fit to the 258, but you would need a 4" lift to clear the front drive shaft from hitting the tranny's oil pan.

Hope this helps.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.