texture paint for my cj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > texture paint for my cj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
44231GUY
1986 CJ7 

texture paint for my cj

has anyone ever use texture paint for the exterior? its suppose to be chip and scratch resistant, anyone have experience with using this type of paint? thanks for any comments.

44231GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
mopar346
1984 CJ7 

I have seen bed liner on the outside on both Jeeps and trucks, not really experience but I have seen it. Bed liner is tough and resistant to most things.
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
Jeep-N-0311
1984 CJ7 

Don't know the brand, but, I've seen plenty of outside ("Patio") furniture with texture paint on it, seen some that was bent and beat up (stumbling drunks-like), and haven't seen any chips. I felt it up and, seems pretty strong ... had the same idea myself a few times ...
Jeep-N-0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
jeepnj79
1979 CJ7 

I put Duplicolor Bed Armor (not the truck bed liner) on the outside of my CJ7. I will post a picture tomorrow. The body is from a YJ and the many layers of paint were in rough shape. I didn't want to strip the body and I didn't want to ruin a paint job by going through the woods, so I put bed liner on it. I saw a truck with it and it didn't look bad , so I tried it. I have also seen Durabak on someone's truck.
jeepnj79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

i used durabak. i would recommend the smooth with UV protectant as it is still somewhat textured but is easy to clean, the textured is a pita to clean.
'79 CJ7 sold
'82 CJ7 parted
'89 MJ sold

SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

U-Pol Gravitex is a textured anti-stone chip paint. It goes on before your base coat. You can vary the texture by altering the PSI of the gun or distance from the panel. It forms a very hard chip-resistant coating with a heavy orange-peel texture. I used it on the underneath of my tub, but I wouldn't coat the outside of the body with it, I think it would look kind of silly.
Unread 10-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #7
82KansasCJ

1982 CJ7 

I have just recently done a few projects with the Rutoleum Hammered paint. Bumpers, roll cage etc. Others have done more than I have. Search my posts on it to see my results & those of others. I believe it can be sprayed as well as brush & roll on. Pretty cheap too..... $12 bucks a quart at Wally World.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.