Texas style adapter for Dana 20 and 300 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Texas style adapter for Dana 20 and 300

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 11-09-2002, 08:48 AM   #1
Lujan

Texas style adapter for Dana 20 and 300

I need a adapter for the transmission to transfer case with the mount to skid crossmember. Mine does not have it. I will be installing a Scout dana 300 to a Ford T18-E. The orginal setup was-- T19 with dana 300, T19 has the transmission mount on the body and no the Texas style adapter.

Hope you can help me locating one.

Bert

Lujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2002, 12:53 PM   #2
CSP

Advance Adapters and Novak Adapters both make what you're looking for. Plan on spending around $500 for it. Another alternative is swapping the T18 internals into the T19 case. If you know what parts to mix and match you can actually build a T18 with a synchronized first gear.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2002, 04:59 PM   #3
Lujan

That's not what I wanted to hear, spending $500. I did post another question if the guts of the T19 will fit the T18 ford E. Do you know if the gears, shafts, bearings fit the T18 and vise versa? I do have a T19 that mates to the Dana 300 but is not built for the gasoline engine. It has the mount on the bottem of the transmission and not on the adapter. I found a ford t18 for about $100 bucks.

What I need to know if the guts off of a T19 will fit the T18 ford.

If it does, does someone here on the forum have a good used adapter for sale.

Thanks

Bert
Lujan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.