Temp sending unit location? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Temp sending unit location?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Nbonney5413
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Temp sending unit location?

My temp gauge doesn't work, I'm starting the process if making it work and figured a new sending unit would be step one. Bought what is supposed to be the correct one and also bought a Haynes book on cjs. I found the page that deals with the sending unit but can't find it on my engine I found what I think is the sending unit but the one I have isn't even close to being similar. It's an 81 cj7 if anyone has any pictures of the location and what it looks like I'd greatly appreciate it

Nbonney5413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
Bubba Ray
1984 CJ7 

On my 84 it is located at the rear of the engine on the drivers side. Look for a one wire hookup near valve cover.
Bubba Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
zeronight
1982 CJ7 

I've only seen 2 locations for the temperature sending unit the first location is in the thermostat housing right at the very front of the motor and the second location in the intake manifold towards the back of the motor near the firewall. if you're doing all of this just to get your temperature gauge working you might also need to look at your fuel gauge because they are both linked together , when 1 goes out the other goes out as well there are a lot of threads on this forum that will help you determine if you need to go that route . Good luck
zeronight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
zeronight
1982 CJ7 

Here's the location on my 82. I have a manual so it's got a different kind of connection but thats the location
forumrunner_20110320_110926.jpg  
zeronight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
Nbonney5413
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you very much fellas and yes my gas gauge also doesn't work so I'm slowly replacing and fixing both but i can do without a gas gauge I need a temp gauge to feel comfortable driving highway distances
Nbonney5413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.