tell me what you think about the new project - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > tell me what you think about the new project

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 12-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #91
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

update for the day

I was out goofing off today and actually found some mud (hard to come by around hear some times) seeing as the jeep is running so great now I didn't even flinch. I went threw until my passengers said no more( today was also the first day with no top). It doesn't look bad in the pics.

pc280014.jpg

pc280015.jpg

pc280016.jpg

I don't know what they were complaining about, oh wait there the reason the seats are still clean

after playing around I finally trimmed down the winch plate to expose the blinkers.

pc280017.jpg

them back to work

cjdogtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #92
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

can any one tell me how to get the size of these photos back to normal, I switched cameras and have no idea how to change the size. thanks
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:37 AM   #93
mylittlecj5
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdogtoy View Post
I got a little something in the mail today, new exhaust manifold, I was so exited I forgot to take a picture of it before I installed it.

[ATTACH175035[/ATTACH]

Attachment 175036

[ATTACH175037[/ATTACH]

Did you remember to tighten this bolt down before you test drove it?

Looks like a fun day! Wish I could more motivation to work on mine lately...
Default Jeepers Club #10
mylittlecj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2010, 07:40 AM   #94
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

The swing away tire carrier is looking great. I like having things you may need on it like you do too. You may see something like that on mine later on sometime.

Are you using an online photo hosting website for your pictures? They should have a way for you to edit them on there. I load my pictures right off my computer. I use Adobe photoshop CS3 to edit my pictures. The only bad thing about doinf it that way is that I can't insert text between the pictures, at least I haven't found a way yet. When I edit mine I first crop the picture, if it needs it, then resize it. On mine I can resize by either size in inches or pixels. I usually just make them all 3" wide. That way they fit the screen and are not too big.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #95
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Nice! That hardtop is just extra value to the rig!

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #96
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

got a little more welding done on the swing out carrier this weekend, not much to see in photos though
Unread 01-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #97
benullman
1981 CJ7 

Thats nothing man! Ive been in so deep mud the windshield wipers stopped moving and I had to scrape it off by hand

Ben
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #98
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I had that same Jeep Euphoria myself this morning! I understand it completely!! Glad you got your Jeep a little dirty!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #99
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

Well work has me so tied up write now that I haven't even turned my computer on in 15 days let alone update my thread.

On the plus side I also don't really have much to update, so I'm not too far behind.

I'm in the home stretch on the tire carrier, all I have left is to put the sides on the box section and some clean-up then it's ready for paint.

I did manage to get everything on a scale and all total with full gas cans and a 33 inch spare it is 420 lbs. The spindle is rated at 3000 lbs. so it should be fine so as long as the frame holds up there shouldn't be any issues, (I hope)
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #100
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

I wanna see this tire carrier. That's a heavy duty spindle you're using too.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #101
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

OK Jim just for you (and every one in an area too cold to work out side) I went and pulled the jeep out of the garage and took some photo's of the carrier and here they are and I'm sorry in advance for the crappy pics. and I still cant seem to resize them.

as it sits now

p1210066.jpg

lynch pins holding the tools in place

p1210069.jpg

lynch pin and spacer that hold the hi-lift, also the way the bungees attach

p1210068.jpg

the cords only keep the tools from rattling and I'm not sure if I like that idea or if I'm going back to the drawing board

p1210070.jpg

I used 4 pins on the door to the box so I could take it off and put it under a tire if I was stuck in soft sand, it swings just fine otherwise.

p1210071.jpg

again sorry about the pics. and keep in mind this is all scrap I had in the back yard (except some small parts)
Unread 01-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #102
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Creative as heck! Have you set this beast on the back of your rig yet?

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #103
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

I still haven't finished the bumper that it attach's to
Unread 01-24-2011, 12:24 AM   #104
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

update

well today started out great got the latch system in and welded and all the rest of the welding done on the Carrier.

p1230073.jpg

p1230076.jpg

p1230074.jpg

so I thought that while I had it all put together I would put it up on the jeep and see how it looked, and thats when my day went to s**t.

am I the only one who sees a problem here.

p1230079.jpg

with the bumper centered the Carrier is off by one inch, now I have to cut out the spindle Carrier and move it in. Not fun!

not to sure how I feel about the spare tires hight either, but thats were it has to be in arder to claer all the other gear, maybe it will look ok with the roof rack.
Unread 01-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #105
BCboy

What a sweet Jeep build.
Amazing how nice and detailed your doing this, thanks for sharing.
BCboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.