Tell me about Dana 44's with 10 Spline axles - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tell me about Dana 44's with 10 Spline axles

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #16
jp360cj
1977 CJ7 

It will bolt in, but will probably be wide track. Your CJ5 came with narrow track. You also need to check the gear ratios and make sure they are the same. WTs have shock mounts on the axle tube, NTs have them on the u bolt plate. Use your NT u bolt plate and bolt the shocks to them. And if the rear has 2 piece axles you'll want to put a 1 piece kit in

If the CJ7 has both axles and they are in decent shape, I would swap both out. You can swap your brake stuff over, its probably in better shape than one that's been sitting. I would also swap the hubs on the front. Your 78 will have the stronger 6 bolt hubs vs the 5 bolt on the 85

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #17
imnanas
1979 CJ5 

Thanks so much for getting back to me so fast. I don't really fancy her wheels being that much farther out. Will investigate, probably a replacement housing for me.
imnanas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 spline , 30 spline , course spline , dana 44 , Dana 44 axle shafts

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.