Team Rush - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Team Rush

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:19 AM   #1
diver49
1985 CJ7 

Team Rush

I know I seen it some where, but what vac lines have to be hooked up and not hooked up when doing the team rush upgrade? What is the best thing to plug the vac lines with?

diver49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

you don't touch vacuum lines during the team rush upgrade, unless you pull your dizzy then pull vacuum advance temporarily
http://www.schohariecountyjeepclub.org
j33pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
SuB8HaVeN
1986 CJ7 

Not sure what you mean, you're supposed to disconnect vacuum advance while timing it, though, but definitely plug it back in after you get it adjusted.
Unread 08-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #4
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

Maybe talking about the Nutter bypass instead?
Pacfanweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

nutter bypass you Don't need to mess with Vac lines either. Only when changing carbs to the best of my experience
http://www.schohariecountyjeepclub.org
j33pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #6
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33pman View Post
you don't touch vacuum lines during the team rush upgrade, unless you pull your dizzy then pull vacuum advance temporarily
First of all, your engine doesn't have a 'Dizzy'...

It has a 'Distributor'. Why people insist on calling a distributor a 'Dizzy' is beyond me... But if you want help from people on this forum, please don't get into the habit of calling a Distributor a 'Dizzy'... Slang is a form of disrespect and since you are asking for favors, it's not a good idea to show disrespect to those with the answers!
--------------------------

Secondly, you MUST pull the vacuum line off the distributor vacuum advance to time the engine correctly...
Plug that line with a golf 'Tee', I find they work the best for me...
Easy to insert, easy to get out, Common and work great.

When you are done setting the 'Initial' timing with a timing light, be sure to hook the vacuum line back up!
(that's why I use bright colors of golf 'Tees', so it helps me remember to hook things back up when I'm cleaning up!)
------------------------------

Third, you don't always have to set the timing when doing the basic 'TeamRush' upgrade...
If all you are changing is the cap, rotor and plug wires, the new ones should go on directly in place of the old ones, so there is no change in timing required...

Although I usually do a 'Tune Up' while I'm there and check the timing since everything is already out there and exposed, and it only takes a minute to do it...
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.