Team Rush on 304 complete!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Team Rush on 304 complete!!

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 08-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
Foulplay
1978 CJ7 

Team Rush on 304 complete!!

I completed the Team Rush upgrade on my 304 powered '78 CJ7 last night. WOW what a difference! I am still running the factory Duraspark module right now but I did switch the coils out for a Ford E-core coil. My little Jeep will roast those 33" tires now and chirp the tires shifting to 2nd gear! Thanks everybody (especially JeepHammer) for all of your help!! Will I notice much more difference switching out the control modules for an aftermarket performance type module or is it worth my time/money?

1978 CJ-7 4" lift - 2013 JK Unlimited 3.5" lift
Foulplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
1978 CJ7 

The places/upgrades that make a difference are carb,intake,headers,ignition. Yes if you upgrade and wire in a Summit CDI MultiSpark Ignition that will make quite a difference with you CJ. You will need to go thru and adj the carb again, the time again but it will be better.

I did this path too the teamrush then added the CDI it jumped my hwy mileage about 4-5 mpg and then I was a bit lean so need to go thru the carb and time adj. Forthe $115 it is well worth it. Leave the stock wires alone and use the DuraSpark as a trail back up. That is what I did.

Fred
Fjguercio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Foulplay
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjguercio View Post
The places/upgrades that make a difference are carb,intake,headers,ignition. Yes if you upgrade and wire in a Summit CDI MultiSpark Ignition that will make quite a difference with you CJ. You will need to go thru and adj the carb again, the time again but it will be better.

I did this path too the teamrush then added the CDI it jumped my hwy mileage about 4-5 mpg and then I was a bit lean so need to go thru the carb and time adj. Forthe $115 it is well worth it. Leave the stock wires alone and use the DuraSpark as a trail back up. That is what I did.

Fred
Thanks for your input.

1978 CJ-7 4" lift - 2013 JK Unlimited 3.5" lift
Foulplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
1978 CJ7 

just saw this again... looking at links...

Did you do the MultiSpark Ignition and did it help you out??? Let us know?
Fjguercio is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.