Tcase Movement ALOT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tcase Movement ALOT

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 01-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
CopenhageCowboy
1984 CJ7 

Tcase Movement ALOT

I installed my 4 inch lift and this included spacers for the tcase skidplate (crossmember) about 1.5'' and i was wheelin yesterday and got stuck, when i gave it gas to power out my tcase violently wobbled causeing my shifter to swing side to side pretty fast, ive never noticed this before but im not sure if its usual or not. i wish i could go into more detail but thats all i got. anyone know why this is or if its bad?

Unread 01-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
alex211
1995 XJ Cherokee 

How are your motor mounts?
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
CopenhageCowboy
1984 CJ7 

when i dropped the tcase the motor tilted back a little bit. so im guessing they need replaced?
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
alex211
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Well if the motor moves a lot when revved that's where the issue is, motor mounts. The T-case is connected to the motor through the tranny, so when the motor moves, so does the T-case.
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
CopenhageCowboy
1984 CJ7 

ok ill have to check that out. thank you
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Don't forget to look at the trans mount and torque arm, if you have one.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
mmerlina
Image Glassworks, Inc.

1986 CJ7 

Yeah when my tranny mount was shot my tcase was sitting terribly wrong and basically resting directly on the skid. This also caused my engine to sit WAY towards the driver's side, and the air cleaner (on the mc2100) to sit on top of the brake booster. (... and on and on it goes ...)

When I pulled the mount out it was basically mush old rotted rubber. Put the new mount in, the engine went back to where it was supposed to go, it left the space between the skid and the tcase.. and also my jeep stopped lurching right when I let off the gas.

.. all for a $10 tranny mount.

1986 Jeep CJ7 (photos)
Remanufactured 258, ARB lockers front & rear, 4.10 Yukon gears, 35x12.5" Super Swamper SSR's, Motorcraft 2100, 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme-Duty lift, York 210 OBA, Big Daddy steering, Tatton rear CV driveshaft, Herculined interior, TJ flares, lots of body & upholstery work
mmerlina is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.