Tan Hard Top on 80 CJ7- What color should I paint the doors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tan Hard Top on 80 CJ7- What color should I paint the doors?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
lbijeep
1980 CJ7 

Tan Hard Top on 80 CJ7- What color should I paint the doors?

I have an 80 CJ7 with a fiberglass tub that was painted British Racing Green (for lack of better description). I just recently acquired a Khaki (Tan) Hard Top. I also got a set of fiberglass doors with slider windows. YEAH!!!!! Look out cold winer temps!

Question- I am taking the doors to a shop to paint them and get them to fit them properly.
1. Should I make the doors match the body paint? Forrest Green
2. Should I have to doors painted to match the hard top? Khaki Tan
3. Should I get the doors painted- black?

Thanks for any replies. I took some pictures and will try to post them tomorrow. If anyone has any suggestions or photos to go with them I would appreciate it.

lbijeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
1986cj
1986 CJ7 

Paint your doors the body color
1986cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
lbijeep
1980 CJ7 

ok

just looked at quite a few jeeps and see most match the body color, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I heard sometimes that when you buy an after market hardtop, it comes with the matching doors, that would lead me to believe they were usually the same color.
lbijeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.