Tachometer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tachometer?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 10-07-2003, 08:32 PM   #1
Aphelion79

Tachometer?

Hey, I have a 1982 CJ7... and I was wondering how I would go about installing a tachometer (stock/OEM)...

Is the wiring already there for it, just the gauge itself isnt present? I.E. If I were to buy a tach could i just connect the wires and find a place to mount it?

Aphelion79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2003, 10:30 PM   #2
MudLover

I still have one lying around that I never got around to fully installing. I did wire it up and it works great. All the wires are there, just gotta drill the hole and hook it up. It's just 3 wires.

Marc
[B][COLOR=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR][/B]
MudLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2003, 08:00 AM   #3
Aphelion79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudLover
I still have one lying around that I never got around to fully installing. I did wire it up and it works great. All the wires are there, just gotta drill the hole and hook it up. It's just 3 wires.

Marc
Awesome, thanks! I'll be ordering one shortly then (along with a bunch of other stuff to fix up the interior...)
Aphelion79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2003, 08:11 AM   #4
MudLover

Just to let ya know... I got mine from 4Wheel Drive Hardware. It came with all the directions and it's all really easy to do. Let me know if ya have any problems with it when you do the install.

Marc
[B][COLOR=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR][/B]
MudLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.