Tach swap help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tach swap help

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
colledrolled

Tach swap help

I'm trying to replace the stock "inline" Tach with a Crown.

I dont know allot about this stuff so keep that in mind.

The old tach is "inline" on the wire that runs from the ignition to the coil. When I replace that tach with the new one, I connect the ignition side of the wire to the tach and the coil side is not connected to anything.

No wonder I have no power at the coil. What do I connect it to?

colledrolled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2014, 07:04 PM   #2
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

You connect the two harness plugs together to continue the "series" connection and find a different power source for your aftermarket tach.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.