t18 vs t19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > t18 vs t19

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 09-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
ctappan94
1983 CJ7 

t18 vs t19

Hey, I want to put a t18 or t19 behind a ford 302 / 351 windsor motor. I will be using it on trails .. but it'd be moderate wheeling..no mud bogs, rockclimbs, and maybee... maybe in the summer, driving on the beaches. I need to get up to freeway speeds but it will mostly be used for around town driving. Is it smarter to stick with the t19 with a normal first gear? Will that result in a higher top speed as well...or does it reflect SOLELY on the first gear.. And do most people with the t18s just start in 2nd gear if on a typical road? thx!

ctappan94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

the second gear of a t18, is the first gear. the t18 is the ultimate transmission, the holy grail
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Stumpbumper
1984 CJ7 

Not all T18's and T19's are the same.
I put a T19 in a CJ5 a couple years ago.
These two tranys are brothers and will bolt in place of each other.
The T18 came in 6-1, 4-1 first gears with a non sync first gear
The T19 came in 6-1, 5-1 , and 4-1 but they are fully syncro in all gears.

a 6-1 first is vertually a unusable gear for daily driving.
I loved the 5-1 and found I used it all the time. The T19 is easy to find with the 5-1 first.
Any 300, 302,351 in early 80's F150 or Bronco's.
I paid 50.00 for it from a wrecking yard.

The 6-1 T19 only came in Scouts and were very rare!

"When in doubt! Gas it out!"
Stumpbumper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
ctappan94
1983 CJ7 

So I want a 5-1 T19 FORD <3 thanks! lol at the heart... i just love ford and Jeep Hybrids
ctappan94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.