T150 rebuild gone bad... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > T150 rebuild gone bad...

Metalcloak: Celebrate Freedom with Free ShippingFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
jade1076
1976 CJ5 

T150 rebuild gone bad...

So, my T150 rebuild has now taken a $#&*^% turn for the worse. After a bit of trial and error, I decided to install the rods with the shifter levers in the orientation I predicted. There is a small little eliptical ball in a crevice between the two shifter shafts. While tapping one of the shafts in place, I broke out a small piece of the transmission housing top casing that holds the ball in place. @#%&!! First, what is the point of this ball? Second, !#%&!!! Can it be ran without this ball and piece missing? Anyone have a spare T150 shifter top for trade or sale?!!!! Thoughts, ideas, advice, please??!!

20150616_163651.jpg   20150616_163910.jpg  
jade1076 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
jade1076
1976 CJ5 

JB weld?? ha ha
Unread 06-16-2015, 06:05 PM   #3
Dborns
1984 CJ7 

Im guessing thats an interlock so one rod cant be shifted if the other is in a certain position? Or it could be an interlock that locks the rod in place when its shifted into gear. Either way I wouldnt trust anything to hold that piece in place. It breaks off again on a hard shift abd it sends pieces into your gears.
Dborns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
jade1076
1976 CJ5 

@ Dborns, yeah I know. All I can do is make lite of the situation. Im working on getting a new top. Anyone have any suggestions how tho get the rods in with the interlock in place without putting pressure on the casing?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.