post #1 of Old 06-16-2015, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
jade1076
1976 CJ5 

T150 rebuild gone bad...

So, my T150 rebuild has now taken a $#&*^% turn for the worse. After a bit of trial and error, I decided to install the rods with the shifter levers in the orientation I predicted. There is a small little eliptical ball in a crevice between the two shifter shafts. While tapping one of the shafts in place, I broke out a small piece of the transmission housing top casing that holds the ball in place. @#%&!! First, what is the point of this ball? Second, !#%&!!! Can it be ran without this ball and piece missing? Anyone have a spare T150 shifter top for trade or sale?!!!! Thoughts, ideas, advice, please??!!

Attached Thumbnails
20150616_163651.jpg   20150616_163910.jpg  

"From the land of the midnight sun where ice blue roses grow, 'long those roads of gold and silver snow Howlin' wide or moanin low
So many roads I know, So many roads to ease my soul"
-JG
post #2 of Old 06-16-2015, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
jade1076
1976 CJ5 

JB weld?? ha ha

"From the land of the midnight sun where ice blue roses grow, 'long those roads of gold and silver snow Howlin' wide or moanin low
-JG
post #3 of Old 06-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Dborns
1984 CJ7 

Im guessing thats an interlock so one rod cant be shifted if the other is in a certain position? Or it could be an interlock that locks the rod in place when its shifted into gear. Either way I wouldnt trust anything to hold that piece in place. It breaks off again on a hard shift abd it sends pieces into your gears.
post #4 of Old 06-16-2015, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
jade1076
1976 CJ5 

@ Dborns, yeah I know. All I can do is make lite of the situation. Im working on getting a new top. Anyone have any suggestions how tho get the rods in with the interlock in place without putting pressure on the casing?

-JG