T150 mount issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > T150 mount issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
Budowski
1978 CJ7 

T150 mount issues

Having an issue with my T150 trans mount. Bought the cheap one from morris4x4 but not sure its the right one (even though it says otherwise). Seems to "match" the original one but the old one is so tattered and covered in oil I cant tell. Before I spring on the $45 poly mount with 3 studs - what do you guys think? wrong mount? Ive tried all different combos of mounting plate to tranny and mount to skid plate, wont line up.

20141104_165621.jpg

20141104_173500.jpg

20141105_125313.jpg

Budowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 01:50 AM   #2
only in a jeep cj
1986 CJ7 

Are you using the same torque arm as before (when it fit)? If that is a later CJ one, that could do it.

1975 CJ-6 304 T15 Dana20 30/44 3.73
1983 CJ-8 258 T5 300 30/44 3.31 Looking for full or half hardtop buy or trade
1986 CJ-7 Laredo 4.6 stroker T5 300 30/44 3.31
1986 TJ-7 Trail Jeep project in the works
2003 Inca Gold TJ Rubicon
only in a jeep cj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #3
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

You have it bolted to the tranny incorrectly....
I'm also thinking your tranny mount is to long and you won't be able to match up the holes correctly.

This is on a T-177 but the T-150 mounts the same way.

You can see the nut and bolt on the left.

the bolts labeled 18.200-2 go into the tranny.

Here are some great pictures:

This seems to be the same mount you have but it's to long and it's pushing the tranny over too far to the driver side.

These are the correct length mounts and yo can see how much shorter it is.
it fit's perfectly.

That's not the first time I've seen the cross carved up.

Here is the one from the same pictures above.

in Fact, it looks like the same crossmember as your. Where did you buy your jeep???

I think there should only be 3 holes in the crossmember. Something like this But I'll have to check...:
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
Budowski
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
You have it bolted to the tranny incorrectly....
I'm also thinking your tranny mount is to long and you won't be able to match up the holes correctly.

This is on a T-177 but the T-150 mounts the same way.

You can see the nut and bolt on the left.

the bolts labeled 18.200-2 go into the tranny.

Here are some great pictures:

This seems to be the same mount you have but it's to long and it's pushing the tranny over too far to the driver side.

These are the correct length mounts and yo can see how much shorter it is.
it fit's perfectly.

That's not the first time I've seen the cross carved up.

Here is the one from the same pictures above.

in Fact, it looks like the same crossmember as your. Where did you buy your jeep???

I think there should only be 3 holes in the crossmember. Something like this But I'll have to check...:
John

Thanks so much for pulling all of those photos together for me. Spent a little time on it today and have it mounted to the transmission per the pictures. My mount didnt come with studs though so may have to revisit that but hopefully things will line up on the skid plate.

My CJ had a long rough life - I think a lot of parts were damaged on the trail and replaced. (Dana 20 cover dented, oil pan dented, frame DENTED!) I think this skid plate came from a donor CJ with a different transmission.
Budowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

You can just buy some studs. Saves the problem of getting too long of bolt and having it bottom out before it actually tightens the mount down or possibly push the new mount apart.

They are probably $0.50 each at a hardware store or NAPA.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.