T15 Transmission, Right? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > T15 Transmission, Right?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 04-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Koko4
1975 CJ5 

T15 Transmission, Right?

I'm trying to figure out what transmission I have. I have a 1975 (I believe) Jeep CJ-5 with an AMC 304 engine, and a 3-speed transmission. Reverse is top-left. As you can see, it looks like I need to reseal and replace the shifter gasket. When I turn over the engine, the gear oil starts leaking out of this left area of the seal. Anyone else have this problem? I wasn't aware of a leak before, but I also had the shifter boots on top of it and wouldn't have been able to see it. When I took the shifter cover off, there was no RTV or sealant on the gasket.. just the paper gasket.

I ask because I'm not 100% sure that my Jeep is a '75. The tub has been replaced, and the only evidence of the year is the little emissions sticker on the grill:

Koko4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.