Sway Bar End Link Question? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Sway Bar End Link Question?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
cdt540
1983 CJ7 

Sway Bar End Link Question?

I am a new owner of an '83 CJ7 with a Rubican Express 2.5" lift kit. The PO removed and I guess thru away the sway bar and all of its pieces/hardware. So I am in the process of piecing it back together. I now have everything but the end links. My question is do I need extended length end links for 2.5" lift or will stock ones suffice? There are quite a few available but most say they are for 4-6" lifts. There are a few for 2-2.5" but not many and all of those are quick disconnects which I don't need and don't want to pay extra for. This leads to me to speculate that those are really for people who want to add the quick disconnect feature not so much that they are necessary. I have a lot to do on the CJ and would prefer for now to pay $25 for a pair of stock ones instead of $50-100+ for quick disconnects if at all possible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated....

Chris
'83 CJ7 258 4spd
Austin TX

cdt540 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
RamblingCJ
1986 CJ7 

The stock ones will work fine with 2-2.5 inches of lift. If you plan on doing anything more than mild trails, you might look into the disconnects, but again, other than that you'll be fine.
RamblingCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
cdt540
1983 CJ7 

Thanks for the info. At Morris 4x4 they had stock end links at 7.25" and a 7.75" for "Heavy Duty" springs. I went the 7.75" since I have the 2.5" lift. I assume the only difference in the two is the length. I appreciate the feedback....
cdt540 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
RamblingCJ
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdt540
Thanks for the info. At Morris 4x4 they had stock end links at 7.25" and a 7.75" for "Heavy Duty" springs. I went the 7.75" since I have the 2.5" lift. I assume the only difference in the two is the length. I appreciate the feedback....
No prob! Let me know how those longer ones work, I'm curious cause I'm using stock on about 3" of lift.
RamblingCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.