sway bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > sway bar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Mickey_Mouse
2013 KK Liberty 

sway bar

Mickey_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Don't think the sway bar does much for you unless you're really taking tight turns and hitting a lot of one-sided bumps, e.g. light off-roading.

What's wrong with your original, and why would you want to change it?

Here's a set of sway bar bushings from prothane on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Prothane-Jeep-Front-Bushing-76-86/dp/B002WN44G4 I recently bought a whole body kit of prothane bushings and installed the front end bushings (sway bar, disconnects, tie rod bushings), and honestly I haven't noticed a difference from stock. The point, in my understanding, is that they last longer because they resist the elements better.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Edit:

I should add that I doubt there's much better than the original, since it's such a trivial part. You can find them on eBay if you're needing one.

I also found that bushing kit for much cheaper on eBay: eBay prothane kit with free shipping. Measure your sway bar, though, there are two thicknesses and I'm not sure of their application years.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Mickey_Mouse
2013 KK Liberty 

Mickey_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.