swapped fuel tank and no fuel at carb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > swapped fuel tank and no fuel at carb

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
8679cjs
1986 CJ7 

swapped fuel tank and no fuel at carb

Any ways to trouble shoot a new tank after I've cranked it for a while? I swapped the tank and matched to lines back up from the vents and sending unit yet I cant seem to get fuel to the carb. Moses Ludel gives no real help nor does my haynes book give any trouble shooting techniques. Can you guys help?

8679cjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2005, 06:55 PM   #2
ballsout1

i`m gonna assume you have 3 lines exiting the tank..and three sizes. the biggest one is the feed to the pump...if you disconnect it at the pump can you siphon from it??? if you can its a pump problem.. if you cant its likely a kinked hose at the top of the tank...or your hoses got swapped around. remember ,the largest line is the feed line, if there swapped around its at the tank. did one hose seem unusually tight putting it on? i`m thinkin a kink somewhere.
ballsout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
8679cjs
1986 CJ7 

i replaced the rubber lines at the tank so nothing had flares in the old rubber lines.
Unread 12-05-2005, 07:22 PM   #4
8679cjs
1986 CJ7 

i only had two lines from the sending unit
Unread 12-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
plmoss21

If I am remembering this right there is only two from the sending unit but there are two more outlets on the side of the tank one goes to the vac. sys. resivourand the other goes to the rollovervalve. I will give you a tip, autozone.com has complete fuel line, vac. line, and electricial diagrams along with some other great useful info.
http://www.autozone.com/home.htm
look at the bottom right hand corner of this main page.
plmoss21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2005, 09:54 PM   #6
8679cjs
1986 CJ7 

thanks alot dude! I will try switchng the lines getting alotta snow tonight...was hoping to be reading for snow. Hopefully its the lines and not the fuel pump. I never knew about that Autozone site. U da man
Unread 12-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #7
JeeperJohn

If this is a used tank you might have a blocked filter. Most gas tanks have a filter on the end of the pick up tube.
JeeperJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.