Swap a T176 to replace the T5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Swap a T176 to replace the T5

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-19-2003, 09:00 PM   #1
sampson9dk

Swap a T176 to replace the T5

Thinking Ill go with the T176 swap. Anybody have any tech advice on this. All I should need is the rear drive shaft for the 176. Anybody selling a used working one?
Thanks

sampson9dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 01:17 PM   #2
rustyCJ

all you gonna need is the rear driveshaft?
Unread 05-20-2003, 02:14 PM   #3
sampson9dk

I believe so....All I should need is a T176 with a 258 bell housing and a dana 300 adapter (not too hard to find). I read that the rear drive shaft will be 2" off (too short I think). I can get the front drive shaft later this summer as it it mostly for road use anyway. Sorry..My post is wasnt too clear. I do need and am looking for the T176 tranny, the bellhousing, the dana 300 adapter, and the rear shaft....This is one of the sites I referred to..Not sure if it will come up
http://www.jeepmadness.com/tranny.html

Last edited by sampson9dk; 05-20-2003 at 02:17 PM..
sampson9dk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.