Suugestion for carb and distributors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Suugestion for carb and distributors

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 09-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
Toad1987
1983 CJ7 

Suugestion for carb and distributors

Ok, well i'm sick of how sick my jeep sounds, it doesn't want to stay running when cold, and idles rough when warm, and always seems to be different day to day. Thinking its the stepper motor on the back. Id like to use a different carb. I see the webber carb mentioned a little, and i can get one through JCwhitney still i think. Any suggestions or other websites? Also i'd like to use a self contained ignition system. I see the JCwhitney has a unit from mallory with vacuum advance. Anyone use this, or what are your suggestions?

Thanks
Jeremy

Toad1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
zeronight
1982 CJ7 

i love my webber 32/36 carb and my DUI HEI system. the DUI dist was the easyest thing ive ever installed. drop it in and 1 wire to hook up.
zeronight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Chuckles0227
1980 CJ5 

I just put a mc 2150 on my 258 with stock ignition and team rush. Before I had a weber 34 and it never ran well for more than 1000 miles without having to clean it or adjust it. Since I went to the mc2150 I haven't had a single issue and I have noticably more power. I also get a little better gas millage.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.