Suspension Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Suspension Lift

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
RhodeRage
1984 CJ7 

Suspension Lift

Looking for some opinions on suspension lifts. Time to proceed with a 4in lift on my 84 CJ7 rebuild, Not a daily driver but need "streetability" plus moderate trails. Looking between BDS, RC, Skyjacker etc or the RE, and will going to 33" BFG M/T's. The RE extreme duty package is just a LOT more expensive $1289 without shocks whereas most other packages are $7-800, but it seems to come more complete (trasfer lowering, pitman arm etc.) and it lets you go to 2.5" wide springs. So question is? Is the RE really worth the extra $400 bucks and will I really notcie a difference? Or just go with a cheaper RC/skyjacker system?

1984 CJ7 4.2L, MDS, weber carb, Dana 30 front, AMC 20 rear, Dana 300 transfer and T-5 tranny

RhodeRage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

I have a BDS 4" kit on my CJ7. It is currently on it's SECOND Jeep and still going strong. I LOVE it!

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
shok47
1983 CJ7 

I have read alot of good things about BDS and RE. I also read that skyjack is a little stiffer. Basically you pay for what you get in this scenario, but from past reading, BDS is a good choice

2cents

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.