Suspension issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Suspension issues

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
out-of-here

Suspension issues

I've got a 78 cj5 with an additional leaf spring on each stack and a mild lift kit. I plow with the jeep and the added leaf is great when I need it but it rides very stiff the rest of the time. Is there anything I can do to soften the suspension for everyday use ?

out-of-here is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
6leafclover
1974 CJ5 

I know how you feel, th PO of mine added some leafs in the rear and its super rough, i plan on just takin them out but if you plow you may be able to get a new set of springs that are built with extra leafs from the factory that may not be quite as stiff as the add ons
6leafclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #3
Oily
1985 CJ7 

What does your plow equipment weigh ?
You might consider going back to stock quality springs and use air shocks. Air shocks are used often on P/U trucks to compensate for loads.
Oily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
out-of-here

I forgot to mention that I have air shocks in the front also. I guess what I'm looking for is a shackle that has some cushion to it. Nice try huh ?
out-of-here is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.