Supercharger for a 4.0/4.2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Supercharger for a 4.0/4.2

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
UncleWally
1984 CJ7 

Supercharger for a 4.0/4.2

I'm in the process of building up a 4.6L stroker for my CJ7. I've got most of the hard parts to do the bottom end. Jeep strokers has been alot of help with digging up the right parts. The next step is to figure out what I can do to supercharge this.

My idea at this point is to get a Eaton M112 and figure out how to get it to fit onto a 4.0L head. Does anyone know of anyone that has produced an intake manifold that would have bolted something like this onto a 4.0L. I understand that there has never been one manufactured just for this application. What I am looking for is something that is close and can be modded to make it work.

My idea is to mount the SC on it's side (if you look at how the Mustang Cobra has it mounted). I've thought about an intercooler between the SC and intake like the Avenger system uses. At this point, there is more room to go out sideways than up. If I have to, I'll fabricate my own intake manifold, but I would rather not do that at this point. Modding something is a little easier to start out with.

Thanks in advance,
Waldo

Unread 01-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Try these guys

.: Avenger Superchargers :.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
cj7guy
2007 JK Wrangler 

How are you going to control fuel and spark?
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
UncleWally
1984 CJ7 

I'm not impressed with the Avenger system. For the huge expense, you still have to figure out all the fuel and spark stuff on your own. Yeah, you get a SC and a manifold, but it's a smaller cc SC equating to a smaller pump and it bolts to a stock manifold which limits my hood clearance. The M112 is the perfect size SC for a 4.6L app once you look at the compressor map, especially for an engine that will never see over 3500 rpm. I want it all right off idle. For that kind of money I can have a manifold casted for my needs, once I figure out how to support all that weight on a 12" lever off the side of the head.

I've been looking at the latest version of MegaSquirt and the Accel Thruster System. MS is cheaper, but it doesn't look to have the adjustability at this point. Accel has the ability to run boosted systems and it's sequential, but it's 3 times the money. I will not be doing anything with the factory injection for a 4.0L, every mod I've seen for that is just a bandaid for the factory program. And I still won't be able to adjust fuel under boosted conditions.

Waldo
Unread 01-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

My understanding the MS is fully adjustable, can run ignition and fuel, control boost, and can even control an auto trans. It all depends on what add-on boards and relays you use. You ought to contact them and see what they have to say.

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.