Super top, material question? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Super top, material question?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
Caish
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Super top, material question?

I need an opinion and experience here...
I want to order a new top.
What material is better denim or the vinyl over the long run?

Unread 06-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

AFAIK the "denim" is a vinyl/PVC blend-type-material. At least that's what my "black denim" ended up being once I did research on what material to use for repairs.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

My "denim" is actually vinyl and has held up very well. Just about all the Supertops I've seen are denim. I don't recall ever seeing the other "fabric".

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
ferday
1981 CJ7 

I have the "denim" top, but the "other vinyl" bikini top. I definitely like the looks of the material better, kinda looks like fake leather. They are probably the same material with a different finish...they feel the same and the inside surfaces look the same

My denim top came from the PO and is probably as old as the jeep, it's in mostly good shape with a few stitches here and there starting to tear and the Velcro is shot. Same with the bikini, it's in the same condition the straps are broken but the top is ok, I think it kept its color better than the denim but I don't know how often the PO used the bikini either
ferday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.