Stupid Plastic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Stupid Plastic

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 10-10-2003, 12:49 PM   #1
andyp65

Stupid Plastic

Reason why plastic under the hood is a bad idea

Still dont understand why they went with plastic such a dumb idea Plastic+Heat= Warped plastic

Well guess i get to Drill and Tap the Head now with an aluminum valve cover

[B][COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOR][COLOR=white] AND[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue] JEEP [/COLOR] OWNERS OF AMERICA MEMBER # 20 [/B]

And yeah its a real jeep with round headlights and leaf springs :)

Semper Fidelis!
andyp65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2003, 01:19 PM   #2
MudLover

When I put my aluminum one on my '82, I didn't drill at all. I cleaned out the holes and retapped them. The one in the back of the head needed to be drilled out, but there was now way to get a drill back there. If the holes aren't deep enough, just put washers on the bolts (that's what I did). I also put massive amounts of that sealer on the back of the head (where there was no bolt). Worked like a charm for me. You'll love the aluminum one.

Marc
[B][COLOR=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR][/B]
MudLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2003, 01:55 PM   #3
andyp65

well i was thinking and i may know a way to get a drill back there i would have to disconnect the transfer case adn jack the engine a few degrees in one direction i think that would work but correct me if im wrong
[B][COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOR][COLOR=white] AND[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue] JEEP [/COLOR] OWNERS OF AMERICA MEMBER # 20 [/B]

Semper Fidelis!

Last edited by andyp65; 10-10-2003 at 02:01 PM..
Unread 10-10-2003, 03:58 PM   #4
andyp65

and does anyone have any recomendations for the valve cover i mean is there any one thats better than theother any comments would also be appreicated

Semper Fidelis!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.