Stock shocks on 2.5" Suspension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Stock shocks on 2.5" Suspension

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 06-18-2003, 04:16 PM   #1
jddausch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Stock shocks on 2.5" Suspension

Can you use stock size shocks on a 2.5" suspension? I've seen that they sell shocks that are for 0 to 2.5". I would'nt leave the original shocks on there, but i can get a good deal on shocks for a stock cj-7 and want to know if i can use them.

thanks.

'12 JK Sahara
jddausch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2003, 05:15 PM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

You need new shocks.
Unread 06-18-2003, 06:03 PM   #3
jddausch
2012 JK Wrangler 

I know you need new shocks. will the stock SIZE fit a 2.5" lift?
'12 JK Sahara
jddausch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2003, 06:53 PM   #4
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

When you lift the vehicle, your new shocks are longer to compensate for the taller ride. Even a 2.5" lift will require an extended length shock.
Unread 06-18-2003, 07:01 PM   #5
rustyCJ

if you dont plan on wheeling the stock length shocks will work fine. if you plan on wheeling the stock shocks will work but you will run into articluation limiting and a possibility of damaging the shocks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.