Stock Rims and Tire width? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Stock Rims and Tire width?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-20-2002, 10:23 PM   #1
jeepdan

Stock Rims and Tire width?

I currently have this jeep:

http://www.jeep-l.net/demingm.htm

These tires are 30x9.5 r15's

I like these rims and would like to keep them. I am thinking of a 2-3 inch lift but I cant decide on the width of the tire. I was told with these rims if I go much past 10.5 I could get some rubbing. I guess because of backspacing or something? I would like 33x11.5 R15's. Will this work? Any one have some pics of this rim with some larger tires? Any info would be great!

Thanks!

RE 2" BB w/ OME Shocks
Teraflex QD's
32x11.50x15 GY MTR's
Soft Bikini and Hard Spice,
Pioneer CD/MP3/WMA/XM
[URL=http://www.saharadan.com]saharadan.com[/URL]
jeepdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2002, 12:43 PM   #2
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

Tires

Yes, 33x11.5 will fit the 15x8 rims. Some tire rubbing at full lock . . . maybe. But you can 1) adjust the stops (I think you can on a TJ) or 2) live with it.

However, I prefer the sidewall charachteristics of a 10.5 wide tire on a 15x8. While not as widely availible, some tires can be found on 33x10.5, most notably BFG MTs and ATs - this is what I will be doing in a few months.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.