Stock Looking CJ's - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Stock Looking CJ's

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 01-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #361
hold24

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
No left side speaker?
Yes, I even had a 1980 Golden eagle with no left speaker. At least 1979 had the vin decal and emission sticker on the left side. The 1980 had nothing there . It looks really plain. The vin went to inside driver panel by the seat in 1980

1979 cj7 Cumberland green Golden Eagle 18k Original miles V8 auto..100% rust free Oregon Jeep..
hold24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #362
GlennLever
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold24 View Post
Yes, I even had a 1980 Golden eagle with no left speaker. At least 1979 had the vin decal and emission sticker on the left side. The 1980 had nothing there . It looks really plain. The vin went to inside driver panel by the seat in 1980
I liked it, it look military with the ID plate there

My restoration thread here on the Jeep forum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...build-1269301/

New FED, Drag Racing Forum (I am an Administrator) at
http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #363
wm69

That is a beautiful Golden Eagle. Love the color combination.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #364
kbarwall
1985 CJ7 

I just started my resto-project. It will be staying as stock as possible except for the paint color (Link to "build" thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/pr...5-cj7-1813314/). I haven't updated the thread in a while, I have been busy making progress over the holidays.

I am going with the commando green from the new JK's. Otherwise she should be stock.

Here are some pics.

As purchased:

No updated pics as of now, at least uploaded. The frame is done and painted, rear (suspension/gas tank) is all done and reassembled. I am working on freshening up the front end/engine and drive train now.

Best/most up to date pics I have.

kbarwall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #365
profire

1985 CJ7 

Here's mine:

This is how the Jeep stands today 01/26/2014

List particulars
Year & Model...........1985 CJ7 Laredo
Original paint, clear coat is coming off. Will need to be repainted.
Engine....................258
Transmission............TF999 Auto
Transfer Case..........Dana 300
Front Axle...............Dana 30
Rear Axle................AMC 20
Interior...................Original Seats
Exterior...................I have the side steps-debating on if I should put them back on
.............................Hard top, Full Doors
Misc.......................Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Side Steps, Engine Compartment hood light

Stuff you just could not leave alone
Bumper....................Smittybuilt...it was cheap, may replace with a Warn down the road
Winch......................Smittbuilt 8k, already had this from previous jeep, I have a Warn 8274 Original Equipment but it needs a rebuild
Tires.......................31X10.5X15
Suspension..............2.5 Old Man EMU lift..... gathering parts for the OME lift
Ignition..................."Nutter Bypass"
Heater....................Blower Motor Upgrade
Carburetor...............Weber 38/38 with stock air cleaner
Dash.......................Equios water temp gauge...factory gauge not working now

The plan is a complete restore.

Thomas Jefferson
profire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #366
GlennLever
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by profire View Post
Here's mine:

This is how the Jeep stands today 01/26/2014

List particulars
Year & Model...........1985 CJ7 Laredo
Original paint, clear coat is coming off. Will need to be repainted.
Engine....................258
Transmission............TF999 Auto
Transfer Case..........Dana 300
Front Axle...............Dana 30
Rear Axle................AMC 20
Interior...................Original Seats
Exterior...................I have the side steps-debating on if I should put them back on
.............................Hard top, Full Doors
Misc.......................Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Side Steps, Engine Compartment hood light

Bumper....................Smittybuilt...it was cheap, may replace with a Warn down the road
Winch......................Smittbuilt 8k, already had this from previous jeep, I have a Warn 8274 Original Equipment but it needs a rebuild
Tires.......................31X10.5X15
Suspension..............2.5 Old Man EMU lift..... gathering parts for the OME lift
Ignition..................."Nutter Bypass"
Heater....................Blower Motor Upgrade
Carburetor...............Weber 38/38 with stock air cleaner
Dash.......................Equios water temp gauge...factory gauge not working now

The plan is a complete restore.
You are the 69 member of the original Jeep Club
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/st.../#post14493909

My restoration thread here on the Jeep forum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...build-1269301/

New FED, Drag Racing Forum (I am an Administrator) at
http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #367
profire

1985 CJ7 

NoNative

I love this CJ! Nicely done sir, I hope mine has a similar stance when I get the OME lift on.

Year & Model........... 1984 CJ-7
Engine.................... 258
Transmission........... T4
Transfer Case.......... Dana 300
Front Axle............... Dana 30
Rear Axle................ AMC 20, solid axles
Interior................... Factory AC, hard doors, factory nutmeg saddle bags (not mounted in the pics), factory storage box/trunk, center console, linexed the interior, seats were recovered with appropriate nutmeg material by the PO and they look and feel brand new. I had the sun visors recovered in the same material.
Exterior................... Warn front & rear bumpers, Bestop Supertop, hood mounted hi-lift jack, warn 8,000# winch, the PO mounted factory "Jeep" center caps on non-Jeep chrome wheels. I can't tell the difference, but I thought I'd point it out. 31X10.5 BFG KM1s.
Misc....................... Factory 20 gallon tank

Suspension.............. OME 2.5" YJ conversion, JKS sway bar disconnects
Steering.................. HD drag links
Ignition................... DUI HEI
Cooling................... Just put in a new HD radiator. The neck of the stock one cracked on Black Bear Pass. Good times . . .
Heater.................... stock, but it works
Valve Cover............. aluminum
Carburetor............... Gone. Replaced with Howell TBI. Best mod ever . . .
Headlights............... stock, added Warn driving lights
Dash....................... When I bought this CJ, the dash pad was cracked. Finally found one in Michigan in perfect condition. I was in a hurry and had the CB mounted at a local shop but I gave them poor instructions on where to mount the hand piece. I wanted to shoot the guy when I saw he drilled into the dash to mount the holder. Ugh. Replaced the speakers. Found and installed factory courtesy lights, factory dash ashtray and factory cig lighter. The "Check Engine Light" was bought from a forum member and installed so it will look like it was factory. It's necessary for the fuel injection.
Radio...................... installed marine Kenwood stereo, PO installed a non-functioning cassette deck, so it was already cut.

I bought this Jeep off ebay from CA with all the factory CA emissions installed. I'm the third owner. The paint was faded on the hood and there was some surface rust growing in the driver wheel well, passenger rocker, door frames and on the windshield. So I decided to have it painted and I went with the same factory color (alpine green?). I have the code somewhere. It wasn't a "Renegade" when I bought it but I figured if I was going to the expense of painting it, I was going to made it a "Renegade". Some on here won't approve of that, but I'm a sucker for decals. What can I say?

The only piece I'm still trying to find is a "nutmeg" center console to replace the factory black one the PO installed. Talk about the holy grail. I've been looking for one for two years with virtually no luck.

I bought it for 8k which wasn't cheap, but the following items were already installed: OME YJ springs (about $1500 just for the springs and conversion parts), factory AC (Jeep air unit is $1,000), factory 20 gallon tank, 5 brand new BFG KM1s ($1,100), warn front bumper ($300?), warn 8,000# winch (never used, $650), nutmeg roll bar cover, nutmeg saddle bags (super rare), factory storage box (usually $200+ if you can find one), reupholstered seats ($600?), new power brakes ($200).

I've now got about 15k in it after painting it, installing the Howell TBI & DUI HEI, charging the AC, replacing the dash pulls and making them work, etc. etc.

It now lives in Lake City, CO with a totally stock 77 CJ-7 that's been in my wife's family for about 30 years. That's the Jeep that made me fall in love with CJs . . .

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by profire; 01-26-2014 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: did not post who the owner of the jeep was
Unread 01-26-2014, 07:32 PM   #368
mb_24
1985 CJ7 

1985 CJ7 Renegade. From what I can tell, all original. 258. 5-speed. 130k miles. Bought from a friend who garaged it for 15 years and only put 7000 miles on it.

Had it since November. Using to drive around town and to the beach from April through October. Going to clean up and POR15 the chassis. Might Monstraline the tub since I don't have doors or roof. Just a bikini.

Named her Pam. Since Pam Anderson played CJ on Bay watch and I like them both topless.
mb_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #369
profire

1985 CJ7 

Let see some pics and keep this thread going. I love looking at everyone's awesome CJ's.

Thomas Jefferson
Unread 01-26-2014, 07:53 PM   #370
seabass1858
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

ill have mine posted early march all stock looking
seabass1858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #371
mb_24
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_24
1985 CJ7 Renegade. From what I can tell, all original. 258. 5-speed. 130k miles. Bought from a friend who garaged it for 15 years and only put 7000 miles on it. Had it since November. Using to drive around town and to the beach from April through October. Going to clean up and POR15 the chassis. Might Monstraline the tub since I don't have doors or roof. Just a bikini. Named her Pam. Since Pam Anderson played CJ on Bay watch and I like them both topless.
Here's a pic of Pam.
image-1278208257.jpg

mb_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #372
SouthernGypsy
1983 CJ7 

Guess I should finally get around to posting some. My girl and I went on a drive around the lake today and she took some photos so here goes...

Year & Model........... 1983 CJ7 Limited
Color...................... Copper Metallic (Paint Code: 1E)
Engine.................... 4.2L (258)
Transmission............ T-5 Manual
Rear Axle................ AMC 20
Wheels/Tires........... 30x9.50x15 tires on the original stock wheels
Interior................... Almost completely Original including most of the original Limited Package features except for the Spare Tire Cover and Bumper End Caps.
Exterior................... Mostly Original Paint but the hood/cowl has been repainted due to clear coat separation.
Misc....................... Factory A/C, Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Power Brakes, Underhood Light, Underhood Insulation, Automatic Interior Lights, Tach, Clock, Original Hardtop and Full Doors with Half Doors for Summer.
Mods...................... Complete Nutter By-Pass, Full Team Rush Upgrades, Distributor Upgrade, Ignition Coil Upgraded, K&N Stainless 9" Breather Kit with Pre-filter for Dust.
Oddities.................. Came with the AM/FM/CB Radio option, I have the radio but it's not installed and original owner said it quit working. You can see the CB antenna mount still on the passenger front fender just behind the radio antenna.
Notes..................... Bought from the original owner and she's probably over 90% original and I've kept all of the original parts for what has been changed.

From the Jeeps original papers and the documentation I can find online as far as I can tell the Limited package was an upscale Luxury package offered in an attempt to attract customers who wanted more luxury and amenities in a 4x4 vehicle and was only produced in limited numbers during 1982 and 1983. The package included; Padded wall-to-wall Carpet including Sides and Cowl Trim Panels, Additional Under Dash Insulation, Carpeted Tailgate Trim, Hardtop Liner, Fully Covered Two-Piece Door Panels, Center Console with Seat/Door Panel Matched Padded Lockable Lid, Cup Holders and Storage Pocket, Locking Glove Box, Matching Roll Bar Cover, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Passenger Grab Bar, Door/Liftgate Operated Automatic Dome Lights, Tachometer, Clock, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Power Brakes, 8" Day/Night Rearview Mirror, Cigarette Lighter, Ash Try, Underhood Light, Underhood Insulation, Factory Under-body Protective/Sound Damping Coating, Special Softer Riding Springs, Bumper end caps (mine are missing), Stainless Bumperettes on the back (mine has a dealer offered bumper with hitch added but I do have the bumpettes), Body Matched; Wheels, Hardtop, Full Doors, Fender Flares, and Spare tire Cover (my flares have been changed but I have the originals, and my spare cover is missing), and featured a satin finish "Black Mask" treatment on the windshield and side window frames.

_
img_1582.jpg   img_1579.jpg   img_1581.jpg   img_1578.jpg   img_1577.jpg  

img_1587.jpg   img_1590.jpg   img_1596.jpg   img_1594.jpg   img_1593.jpg  

SouthernGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #373
JakeRod13
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGypsy View Post
Guess I should finally get around to posting some. My girl and I went on a drive around the lake today and she took so photos so here goes...

Color: Copper Metallic (Paint Code: 1E)
Interior................... Almost completely Original including the original padded carpeting, roll bar padding, and hardtop liner that came with the Limited package
Exterior................... Mostly Original Paint but the hood/cowl has been repainted due to clear coat separation.
Misc....................... Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Underhood Light, Underhood Insulation, Automatic Interior Lights, Tach, Clock, Original Hardtop and Full Doors
Mods...................... Complete Nutter By-Pass, Full Team Rush Upgrades, Distributor Upgrade, Ignition Coil Upgraded, K&N Stainless 9" Breather Kit with Pre-filter for Dust.
Notes..................... Bought from the original owner and she's probably over 90% original

_
Nice, very nice!!!
JakeRod13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 09:44 PM   #374
titanjeep

1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGypsy
Guess I should finally get around to posting some. My girl and I went on a drive around the lake today and she took some photos so here goes...

Color...................... Copper Metallic (Paint Code: 1E)
Interior................... Almost completely Original including the original padded carpeting, roll bar padding, and hardtop liner that came with the Limited package
Misc....................... Factory A/C, Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Power Brakes, Underhood Light, Underhood Insulation, Automatic Interior Lights, Tach, Clock, Original Hardtop and Full Doors
Notes..................... Bought from the original owner and she's probably over 90% original

_
I really like the look of the CJ Limiteds with the matching tops and wheels. Very nice Jeep!

2003 KJ : 2002 to Present - Family Hauler
1981 CJ5: 2005 to Present - Build Thread
titanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #375
SouthernGypsy
1983 CJ7 

Thanks guys! After my original post I went back and added what I knew about the Limited package, I think I was working on it while you was making your posts
SouthernGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.