Stock D30 drag link length etc? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Stock D30 drag link length etc?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Stock D30 drag link length etc?

Im in need of two measurements. The distance between the upper ball joints (c-c) and the length of a stock drag link (c-c of the tre's)

'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Narrow or wide trac?

Dark here, can measure tomorrow if needed.
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
jp360cj
1977 CJ7 

WT or NT? are you just looking for a ballpark figure for running length or collapsed& extended measurements?
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
jeepwhore

1984 CJ7 

Oops, sorry guys. WT lengths please. And for the drag link, looking for as close a measurement as possible to running length.

Trying to get a DOM drag link made but my steering box isn't mounted. Need the ball joint measurement to compare to the distance between trunion bearings on my yota axle so I can see if I need to add or subtract any length for the difference between the two axles.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
robs7
1983 CJ7 

My drag link measures 29-1/4" grease fitting to grease fitting. Rob
robs7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
jeepwhore

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs7
My drag link measures 29-1/4" grease fitting to grease fitting. Rob
And that's a WT axle? Awesome, thanks!

Just need the ball joint measurement now.

Unread 07-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
robs7
1983 CJ7 

Yes that's wide track. It's lifted but everything is parallel and pretty well aligned. I will go get the ball joint measurement for you. Rob
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
robs7
1983 CJ7 

43-5/8" c-c on the upper ball joints. Rob
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
jeepwhore

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs7
43-5/8" c-c on the upper ball joints. Rob
Awesome, thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.