Stock CJ7 parking brake cable/equalizer work with TSM rear calipers parking brake? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Stock CJ7 parking brake cable/equalizer work with TSM rear calipers parking brake?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #16
SpringPro

1977 CJ7 

I really like the UPOL products and they spray really easy. There are a few threads on the forum about the Raptor. The Gravitex is cheaper for the underside of the tub. I don't think you will go wrong with Monsta or Raptor just remember to prep the surface really well. I sandblasted mine after fixing tons of rust damage and the Raptor stuck like crazy. I just start working on the exterior and had to hammer out some stubborn dents from the inside. The Raptor held very well. I didn't have any places where it chipped or came loose. Good luck with the project.

SpringPro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #17
pablorg
1981 CJ7 

Hi SpringPro, did you ever get the e-brake working on the rear Caddy calipers? Thanks.
2005 Grand Cherokee WK Limited 5.7 Hemi (wife's)
pablorg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #18
SpringPro

1977 CJ7 

Not yet. I just finished spraying the body, fenders, tailgate, hood and grill with single stage urethane paint. I am starting to put things back together so I hope it won't be long.
Unread 03-25-2014, 10:38 PM   #19
Havasu Living

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicRanger View Post
Great photos. Thank you SpringPro. How well does your parking brake hold? I've read that these can be tough to keep adjusted?
The best advice I can give you is to use your e-brake all the time. Mine was set perfect, tried to teach my son how to drive a manual and forgot to release the e-brake. I could feel the difference when setting the brake, 2 months later I can feel the brake getting stiffer and it holds on an incline. It could take several hundred times setting the brake for it get stiff. Good luck.
Unread 03-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #20
SpringPro

1977 CJ7 

Appreciate the advice.
Unread 03-26-2014, 12:46 AM   #21
Havasu Living

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringPro View Post
Appreciate the advice.
sent ya an email

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.