steers TOO EASY, dangerous! help - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > steers TOO EASY, dangerous! help

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 07-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #46
TexasJeepyall
CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerjeep79 View Post
If that were my Jeep I'd just take out the blocks and bolt it back together with new U-bolts. That will definitely improve the steering issue. Then if it's still a little spooky, I'd take it to an alignment shop. It's not expensive (all they can really do is toe-in), but you'd have the report that would show the caster angle. If under 6 degrees positive you can get some steel shims - I have 2 degree shims on my CJ7 - and bolt them to the spring pack using new bolts.

When all that is worked out, you can start spending REAL money on that 5. Fun stuff!
this made me feel so excited, you made my day buddy

TexasJeepyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #47
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJeepyall View Post
this made me feel so excited, you made my day buddy
Research "high steer" before you go that route. It's not quite that simple. Very do-able, but a little cost to SOA to do it right.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #48
spottedfrog
1979 CJ5 

I am thinking, based on the pix. that going SUA again would likly be cheaper/easier than fixin the SOA set up to be correct.
I think that the old owner just welded block on top, got longer shocks and drive shafts, added a drop pitman arm, and just left the rest.

scary stuff for sure.

If it were mine I'd take it back to SUA. and run 3-4" lift and 33's 35's are taxing on the stock axles, and a little out of proportion on a CJ5.

We DO need more pictures to really tell. We have to see how things are attached, what is still left to work with ect.
spottedfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #49
TexasJeepyall
CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedfrog View Post
I am thinking, based on the pix. that going SUA again would likly be cheaper/easier than fixin the SOA set up to be correct.
I think that the old owner just welded block on top, got longer shocks and drive shafts, added a drop pitman arm, and just left the rest.

scary stuff for sure.

If it were mine I'd take it back to SUA. and run 3-4" lift and 33's 35's are taxing on the stock axles, and a little out of proportion on a CJ5.

We DO need more pictures to really tell. We have to see how things are attached, what is still left to work with ect.
pics tomorrow bud, 33s sound ok to me
TexasJeepyall is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.