steering stabilizer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > steering stabilizer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 07-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
atomicflatulenc
1985 CJ7 

steering stabilizer

Mines been hit by a few too many rocks. Seems to be working, but I'm having issues staying in a lane at 50mph, so I think its gonna get replaced, along with shackles and tires.

Is the double stabilizer worth it? pros and cons...

If a single, which one? I've got 4" of lift and 33 M/ts, might go back to 35" swampers.

'85 CJ7, 258 4.2 Howell TBI, NP435, twin sticked Dana300, 4.56 Yukon chromoly: Rear20-extra thick tubes, shaved,trussed,discbrakes,ARB: Front30- flipped tierod,Detroit EZ locker, warn hubs: 3.5" BDS YJ springs and booster, 35" Trxus M/T's, rhino'd, full roll cage, borgenson steering shaft, big daddy steering box bracket...Unknown OIL Leak(working on it...)
FOR SALE $6000
atomicflatulenc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #2
gosupes
1986 CJ7 

The stabilizer will have no effect on how the vehicle tracks down the highway. Get the tires replaced and have the alignment checked, change shackles or bushings, then see how it tracks down the road.
1986 CJ7, 4.2 w/4.0 head, TFI-HEI hybrid ignition, Clifford manifold w/Holley 390 w/cold air intake, OBA, 4.5" lift, Woody CV shaft and Tattons in front, 4.10 gears - lunchbox in front, Truetrac in the back, twin-sticked, blower upgrade for running topless, trying to keep it simple.

It's just a Jeep, and if you don't wheel it once in a while, it's not even that.
gosupes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^ what Supes said

a stabilizer will only lessen the feel of actual problems, not correct them.

not that they are bad to have, but they should be the last thing you check.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
79cj7reny
1979 CJ7 

I agree. Your wandering is likely something else. Check the following in no particular order: Wheel bearings, tie rod ends, ball joints, steering box play, steering box mounting points, steering shaft.
79cj7reny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.