Steering shaft bearing replacement. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Steering shaft bearing replacement.

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #16
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDown
Thank You. I have been trying to get that clip out, it's really a pain in the *** laying on the ground under the Jeep doesn't make it easy to get any leverage. Do you think there's a special tool ? I've been having no luck using just a screwdriver. I can't get under the clip enough to pry it out.
I wouldn't even attempt it on the jeep. Getting the new parts back together for the new coupler is tricky enough as is when it's laying on a bench.
You definitely want to remove the shaft from the jeep first.

A pair of needle nose pliers work good for removing the clip. It is not a complete circle, but the ends do overlap each other. Grab an end, and you can pull it right out.

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.