steering problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > steering problems

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-28-2003, 05:56 PM   #1
wiggs

steering problems

today i notcied a noise coming from my steering box and i came to see that it was my upper bracket had split clear threw at the bolt. i dont know but i notcied when i turned the steering wheel the box moves all over the place. I dont knwo if that is normal and i never caught it or what? Also does anybody know where i can get a beefier steering box bracket? Any help at all would help sepecially on whether the steering box is supposed to shift that much.
thanks wiggs

wiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 06:28 PM   #2
MudLover

That's never good. Check this out and tell me if that helps.

Good Luck,
Marc
[B][COLOR=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR][/B]
MudLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 06:32 PM   #3
wiggs

but will that solve my problem of the steering box moving all over the place?
wiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 06:41 PM   #4
MudLover

Is the problem that part of the box is no longer attached to the frame? If so, then yeah, this SHOULD fix it.

Marc
[B][COLOR=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR][/B]
MudLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.