Steering Column Rebuild - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Steering Column Rebuild

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 11-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
jpre32
1984 CJ7 

Steering Column Rebuild

Im currently rebuilding a CJ7 steering column. I have one question that hopefully someone can answer. If you look at the picture, I have 2 parts: 1) Lock Rack and (2) Rack Preload Spring. Heres my question...does the spring fit into the lock (2nd picture)? If not, where does it go? Any advice will be much appreciated...thanks!

img00130.jpg   img00133.jpg  
jpre32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 03:25 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Go here -> GM Steering Column Repair...

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
jpre32
1984 CJ7 

Thanks, but it still doesnt tell me where the rack preload spring goes. Im thinking it actually goes into the lock rack...any ideas?
jpre32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Is the spring marked in red 2 springs or 1 piece spring that is broken ?
gm.jpg   gm2.jpg  

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.