Starting Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Starting Issues

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 05-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
LegacyMindset

Starting Issues

Ok I'm sooo stumped. I've just rebuilt my carb (was running a little rough, stalled at stop signs, etc) it had 78k miles w/o a rebuild. Got it all back together and installed and she started up (after a little priming). She ran really rich but I was going to adjust the settings later. Got home today started her up with no issues and pulled her out of the garage. I decided to clean the engine bay out (hit a mudhole a few months ago) and now it won't start...at all. engine turns over, getting fuel, checked for spark, and electrical seems good. I let it sit for 1 hour to dry out and I put some starter fluid in the carb and it seems like it wants start but it doesn't....sometimes i get a pop from the carb. I should mention that on two occasions after hitting some mud, the jeep runs super rough (like it skips a cylinder). I can't get out of 1st gear and she has a hard time starting. Any ideas?

LegacyMindset is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.