No progress on the tires. I have changed my mind 3 more times this week. Although seeing this add has me just about there.
I can't tell from looking if those are 8 or 10 inch rims though. Does anyone know?
Aside from that it was back in the garage today. I finished up the frame plates:
Cut of the rusty and bent rear crossmember and inspected the end of the frame. It was all pretty good except for the last 2 inches on one side.
Well I can't let that one go so more doublers. I need to find something that matches the radius to bend a piece of metal. Maybe an axle???
Naw. Here we go, a couple of bumper brackets........
Bent some 1/8 around the brackets in the vice by heating the metal. It didn't even come close to fitting.
So another half hour of pounding shaping and twisting and they finally fit pretty good. I think they are an inch longer than when I started from all the beating.
I did remember to drill some holes for the oil to run through.
And finally got them welded in.
Also tacked the two nut serts that were spinning in the frame. I think I missed them more than I welded them. I was afraid to get too close and distort the threads.
Not bad. I have one body mount hole to fix and I guess I'll fabricate a rear crossmember. The factory one is too thin in my opinion. Then it's off to the sandblaster.
Can't wait to get this phase done!