Starting to Begin - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Starting to Begin

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 10-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #331
S76
1984 CJ7 

These are the Wire Looms:

file:///C:/Users/Bob-Hope/Pictures/S...20Products.htm

I like them because the wires get stacked vertical by the valve cover, rather than horizontal above the header like some kits, where they are exposed to more heat.

Unread 10-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #332
S76
1984 CJ7 

Haven't had much time to work on the Heep. So I thought I would fall back into what I do best. Buy Stuff!

I sure hope these are the right ones. The cat thinks the box is the right one.

I really wrestled with Painted vs Ceramic. Finally gave in to painted as they were half the price. If they last 5 years I'll be happy and get to decide again.
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #333
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S76 View Post
Can't wait till I start doing the Painless Harness. That will probably take months.
Don't get discouraged by that Painless Harness. It's actually pretty easy! I didn't have any trouble at all when I put mine in. Prior to that, I'd go cross eyed just looking at automotive electrical wiring! Was really easy to use with the MSD ignition too. I bet you could even go look at it yourself for reference because it does live in Connecticut now!
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #334
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselback View Post
Don't get discouraged by that Painless Harness. It's actually pretty easy! I didn't have any trouble at all when I put mine in. Prior to that, I'd go cross eyed just looking at automotive electrical wiring! Was really easy to use with the MSD ignition too. I bet you could even go look at it yourself for reference because it does live in Connecticut now!
Thanks for the encouragement hasselback! I don't really have a problem with automotive wiring diagrams. My problem is routing the wires. I just keep doing it over and over. Like: It's to close to that metal edge, it might chafe. Reroute. That's not good, to close to a hot spot. Reroute. Vibration could be a problem in this area. Reroute and reclamp. Etc. Most of my problems are my own.
Unread 10-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #335
S76
1984 CJ7 

Looked a little closer at those headers this morning. They have a little paper tag on them that says "not a high temp paint"

REALLY? What did you bother putting it on for then? That's like buying a new car with a sticker on it that says Caution: Water based paint--Do not get wet.

Oh well. Off they go to the blasting cabinet.
Unread 10-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #336
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Looked a little closer at those headers this morning. They have a little paper tag on them that says "not a high temp paint"

REALLY? What did you bother putting it on for then? That's like buying a new car with a sticker on it that says Caution: Water based paint--Do not get wet.

Oh well. Off they go to the blasting cabinet.
Oh yes, Been there too! I ordered painted headers for mine, but they didn't come with that warning. First time I ran the engine, garage was full of smoke! I let them go for a while then hoping all the paint would burn off, then I wouldn't have to blast them. Wrong!
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #337
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Nice to see people from CT here. I have the Jeep hassleback referred to as moving to CT. You are lucky to have a CT title, I have to have a VIN inspection and the firewall plate is the only VIN, but they want a windshield VIN also.

You are welcome to come check out anything you need to see for the wiring harness. It was nicely installed (Hi Matt!).

There are no JY around here that let people into the yard, such a shame, I loved it when I was decades younger
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #338
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Sorry if I missed it but are you going with a hydraulic clutch? That driver's side header is going to dump right in the middle of the stock clutch linkage.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #339
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScroungerLee View Post
Nice to see people from CT here. I have the Jeep hassleback referred to as moving to CT. You are lucky to have a CT title, I have to have a VIN inspection and the firewall plate is the only VIN, but they want a windshield VIN also.

You are welcome to come check out anything you need to see for the wiring harness. It was nicely installed (Hi Matt!).

There are no JY around here that let people into the yard, such a shame, I loved it when I was decades younger
We'll have to conect at some point. I'm in the opposite corner of CT. I have 2small JY that let you walk through but no Jeeps except the one I got a few parts off of.
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #340
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
Sorry if I missed it but are you going with a hydraulic clutch? That driver's side header is going to dump right in the middle of the stock clutch linkage.

Did I do that wrong???????? I thought I got the headers that Rob has, that someone suggested, that are supposed to clear on both sides. I'll go back through some threads and check again. Rats I just glass beaded them an hour ago.
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #341
S76
1984 CJ7 

Heart rate is starting to go back down.

Here is the post from Exposed (Calvin) on what he got that worked. Rob went with these too.

"One another note, I looked at my headers and they are Pace Setter 70-1322 Below is a link where I bought them. They will fit and have the O2 bung installed for the sensors you will need.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-70-1322/

Calvin"

Those are the ones I got. Same number, same distributor. They are listed for a Ford 150/Bronco etc.

Hey, I read it on the internet so it must be true. You can't lie on the internet.

"Bonjour"
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #342
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Heart rate is starting to go back down.

Here is the post from Exposed (Calvin) on what he got that worked. Rob went with these too.

"One another note, I looked at my headers and they are Pace Setter 70-1322 Below is a link where I bought them. They will fit and have the O2 bung installed for the sensors you will need.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-70-1322/

Calvin"

Those are the ones I got. Same number, same distributor. They are listed for a Ford 150/Bronco etc.

Hey, I read it on the internet so it must be true. You can't lie on the internet.

"Bonjour"

Calvin and Rob are both good sources so you must be good.

I just know that I started out with a set of MAC Shorties that looked a lot like yours and they dumped right into the middle of the clutch linkage.

I know I don't post much anymore but I am subscribed to a lot of the builds. I do love to see the 5.0 conversions as well. Keep up the good work.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #343
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
Calvin and Rob are both good sources so you must be good.

I just know that I started out with a set of MAC Shorties that looked a lot like yours and they dumped right into the middle of the clutch linkage.

I know I don't post much anymore but I am subscribed to a lot of the builds. I do love to see the 5.0 conversions as well. Keep up the good work.
He should be ok Mike, with the truck shorties. I originally had a pair of center dumps (below in link) and it hit up against the pass. side motor mount, so I went with a pair of Hedman truck shorties and they worked out fine. The driver side one is close to the clutch linkage, but it did manage to clear it all.

These are the ones that I bought that didn't fit:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G9063

These are the Hedman ones I went with:

CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #344
dechlin
1980 CJ7 

Any updates Bob?
dechlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #345
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechlin View Post
Any updates Bob?
No, nothing at all. I have been pulled away from the project for the last 6 weeks due to work. Not that I mind work, I don't, but it really cuts into my day. It does finance the project though.

I have decided (I think) to go with a fiberglass body. Mine is repairable, but it is still metal and I plan to drive it all year in the rust belt. Fiberglass will be forever.

Just can't figure out the best one to get.

Should be able to get back to it soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.