Starting to Begin - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Starting to Begin

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #256
S76
1984 CJ7 

Just a bit of progress.

Got some parts cleaned and ready for paint.

Found an original set of Mustang valve covers.

Cleaned the motor and painted it.

And got a new block plate.

AND, got a call that the axles will be done this week. Excellent!!!!!

But of course I just found out I have to travel for work for 2 weeks. Figures, right when the axles come back.

Oh well, without the job, this rebuild couldn't happen at all, so we'll take the good with the bad.

Unread 08-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #257
1CrazyCarl

Nice work, S76! I just read the 18 pages of this Forum. It is a great Story and more chapters to go. The garage door was open and I got a preview of coming attractions!
1CrazyCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #258
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CrazyCarl View Post
Nice work, S76! I just read the 18 pages of this Forum. It is a great Story and more chapters to go. The garage door was open and I got a preview of coming attractions!
Thanks CC. I was told you stopped by to check it out. Sorry I wasn't around. There have recently been 2 hick-ups in the progress. I have to go to FL Sunday for 2 weeks for work, (I don't mind work but I find it really cuts into my day.) And, my credit card spontaneously combusted after my last order.

But, I am going to pick up my axles Sat. and I already have enough stuff here to keep me busy for the next 2 months.
Unread 08-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #259
S76
1984 CJ7 

Even though I didn't do anything, progress was still made. I picked up my axles this morning.

Here is the AMC 20 all set up with new bearings, seals, a Detroit TruTrac, 3:54 gears, welded tubes, and the Truss from Beserk. This should hold together.

Here is the Dana 30. All new seals, bearings etc. I think my lawn mower has the same size gears in it. Man that is a little gear set.

BLING!

Unread 08-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #260
dechlin
1980 CJ7 

Bob ive decided i want those axles back now lol! Looks good.
dechlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #261
83vert
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechlin
Bob ive decided i want those axles back now lol! Looks good.
And ill take those rims back too lol

Lookin good bob
Unread 08-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #262
S76
1984 CJ7 

Thanks dec and vert. I am really happy with the way things are going so far.

Except for the chrome, the Chevy, the soft top, and those wheels, this is close to what it will look like when it's done.

What a nice job that guy did.
Unread 08-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #263
ironmike1700

Hey what's going on with this build?? Haven't heard any thing new in a while. Oh ya the four letter word work.
ironmike1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #264
S76
1984 CJ7 

Finally got back to work on the Jeep after a 2 week work trip.

The Truss from Besrk has me baffled. This build is all about corrosion protection. But when I look at this truss I can't figure out how I am going to protect the interior from corrosion. Gonna need access. So I drilled some holes in it so I could spray a couple coats of primmer on the inside. I found a place on line that sells rubber plugs, all sizes, so when this is done it will get plugged.

Then the bottom had to be sealed so I used some sealer on the lower edges. This should be air tight. And I can always remove the plugs to inspect the inside.

Done deal. Time for more Epoxy paint.

And the little D-30

And some odds and ends while the paint gun was running.....

Good day. Finally made some visible progress. Tomorrow I can start assembling the axles. And the 5.0 is ready to go together as soon as the ARP bolts show up.

Hmmm. I need tires now. Can't wait to see this thing sitting on it's own four feet. This is a really exciting part of the build.
Unread 08-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #265
firemanjim7
1983 CJ7 

I think I've said it before but your occupation shows in your work. Meticulous!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
firemanjim7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #266
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanjim7 View Post
I think I've said it before but your occupation shows in your work. Meticulous!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Thanks Jim, But if I ran a sloppy bead of sealant like that at work they would laugh me out of the place. I should have taped off the areas so when you pull the tape you have have nice straight lines. Oh well, the "Mall" people probably won't notice when I go crawling. LOL
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #267
Gravey7
2003 TJ Wrangler 

enjoyed reading the so far 18 pages of your build, looks like you do excellent work. very much looking forward to updates on your progress, would love to do a resto project on an old jeep like this someday best of luck s76
Gravey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #268
ironmike1700

Glad to see some progress!! Two weeks off, you must have been itching to do something!! That's what your up coming vacations for i guess. Be awesome to see that thing on wheels again!!!
ironmike1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #269
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravey7 View Post
enjoyed reading the so far 18 pages of your build, looks like you do excellent work. very much looking forward to updates on your progress, would love to do a resto project on an old jeep like this someday best of luck s76
Thanks Gravey7. It is a lot of fun if you like that sort of thing. But it is a huge consumer of time and money. Especially money! But I think it's fun.
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #270
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmike1700 View Post
Glad to see some progress!! Two weeks off, you must have been itching to do something!! That's what your up coming vacations for i guess. Be awesome to see that thing on wheels again!!!
I have some vacation time in Sept. Hoping to get a lot done.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.