Really fun day today.
You know, sometimes you spend so much time doing prep work and little things that it seems you are getting nowhere. Well today was the point when you actually start getting somewhere.
We left off with this MORE steering mount dilemma.
So reading on the forum I realized the MORE mount goes on top of the shackle hangar. That leaves the back end up in the air. OK. So I spent an hour or so making a spacer out of 1/4 plate to fill the void. Then, when I mounted the Humma steering box to the mount, I realized there were 5 mounting spacers and I only needed 4. Well, the spacer that was left over was the exact size to fill the void! Duh.....
One of these days I am going turn over a new leaf and start reading the directions............................Nah. Anyone can do it that way.
I got the box all in. Drilled the extra mounting hole in the xmember and installed the side brace. That thing ain't going nowhere!
Put in the "Bomb Proof" motor mounts, and yes I did start to install them upside down, because the frame is upside down, and that's a lot of thinking for an old guy.
Put on the shock towers and misc stuff.
I used all new CAD plated hardware and our best friend, Anti Seize. Actually it will be your best friend in about 10 years, but right now it is making a mess. I am covered with da stuff.
AND, to make a good day better the clutch and pressure plate showed up from Rocky Road. (cuz that's the only place I found that sells the pieces separately.) You need a Chevy Clutch disc and a Ford Pressure Plate.
Of course the disc is made in Taiwan. That thing will frag for sure removing half my right foot and the aluminum bell housing will be no help. (I tend to be a pessimist.)
Tomorrow off to the junk yard to get the front end, pulley and brackets and stuff, off of a small block.