Starting to Begin - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Starting to Begin

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #226
S76
1984 CJ7 

One more piece of the puzzle. Got these axle parts glass beaded today. Tomorrow I'll paint them.

Unread 07-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #227
ironmike1700

Gonna start looking like something really quick.
ironmike1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #228
S76
1984 CJ7 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, and I can't wait.
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #229
S76
1984 CJ7 

I got the pieces painted to day. Once they dry I can start putting in the wheel bearings, u-joints and ball joints.

Unread 07-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #230
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

One of my favorite images of someone's build is when they have the axle painted and new rotors installed. Don't know why I like that look so much! Looking forward to seeing yours.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #231
S76
1984 CJ7 

It's so hot here in CT combined with high humidity there was only one thing I could do. Order internet parts!

Ball joints
Wheel bearings
Spindle bearing seal kit
Heavy duty DOM tie rod and drag link
Shock boots
MORE Steering box mount and X brace
MORE 302 motor mounts
YJ spring plates
Sway bar bushings and mounts

And the YJ rear cross member that I forgot I needed came yesterday.

That's the Credit card limit for this month!
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #232
dechlin
1980 CJ7 

looking good Bob
dechlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #233
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S76 View Post
It's so hot here in CT combined with high humidity there was only one thing I could do. Order internet parts!

Ball joints
Wheel bearings
Spindle bearing seal kit
Heavy duty DOM tie rod and drag link
Shock boots
MORE Steering box mount and X brace
MORE 302 motor mounts
YJ spring plates
Sway bar bushings and mounts

And the YJ rear cross member that I forgot I needed came yesterday.

That's the Credit card limit for this month!
That's MY Jeep budget for three years! Sheesh!!

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #234
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
That's MY Jeep budget for three years! Sheesh!!
I hear ya. But I am planning to retire in 2 years so this will probably be my last (of many) huge wastes of money and I'm going big on this one.
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #235
S76
1984 CJ7 

Oh, yeah, and with all the heat we have had this summer I've come to realized this Jeep will be useless to me without air conditioning. In the summer I'm like a snail. I leave a wet mark where ever I go.

So I looked around on flea bay and scored a complete YJ take out system from a scrapper in Mass. that he claims was working before they took it apart. Underdash assembly, hoses, compressor, condensor for $300. I'm sure I'll have to replace some of the parts.

This Joop is going to be LOL
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #236
S76
1984 CJ7 

The credit card exercise from a few days ago is now paying off.

The rear cross member came a few days ago. The HD tie rod and drag link came, they are beautiful. And a bunch of wheel bearings, ball joints, leaf spring plates, etc. But some stuff didn't show up. Oh well. I have plenty to keep me busy for a while.

And I have this Air Cond thing to sort out. Wish I had more time, but I guess that is universal.

Unread 07-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #237
S76
1984 CJ7 

Finally got time to start working on those painted parts. I installed the axle ujoints, installed and packed new wheel bearings and seals, but ran into a problem installing the Ball joints. My vice wasn't up to the task and I used up all my MacGyver tricks to no avail. So I gave in and borrowed the tool to install them.

That completed the front end pieces. All set to install.

Today I started to work on the frame pieces. Ran into a glitch right off the bat. The MORE power steering brace wants to bolt up in the same spot as my front shackle hanger. Grrrr.

Gonna have to think that one over for a bit.
Unread 07-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #238
lukenicwalker
1982 CJ7 

I could be wrong, an I'm sure someone will correct me, but I BELIEVE that is actually the correct way the MORE bracket installs, but then there is an added shim that goes between the bracket and the frame rail. Again, I could be wrong, but I think I read that on here somewhere...
Unread 07-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #239
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenicwalker View Post
I could be wrong, an I'm sure someone will correct me, but I BELIEVE that is actually the correct way the MORE bracket installs, but then there is an added shim that goes between the bracket and the frame rail. Again, I could be wrong, but I think I read that on here somewhere...

Thanks Walker. I didn't think to search the forum for an answer to this. Good idea.
Unread 07-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #240
lukenicwalker
1982 CJ7 

It's certainly is the place I've learned the most!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.