SR-4 to TH350 swap started- - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > SR-4 to TH350 swap started-

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Destr0
1994 YJ Wrangler 

SR-4 to TH350 swap started-

OK well the swap really started in December when the clutch went out on the SR4, or so I thought. Turns out the front bearing went out on the SR4 and in turn killed the throw out bearing.

I have been collecting parts ever since-
700R4 to NP208 adapter (I have both the short and tall available now)
TH350 - I also have two of those now- the one I am putting in has all new hard parts, full manual reverse valve body
27 spline input shaft for D300
Twin stick kit for D300 (while it is out, right?)
B&M ratchet pro shifter
2500 stall converter
flex plate
trans cooler

Going to start tearing down the D300 this weekend. Other than coming up with spare funds for the project, getting the input shaft was the hardest part- took two different orders and two months to actually get one.

Wish me luck - never done anything like this in the past.

I bought the CJ7 with an SBC already installed using an old AA adapter and a Chevelle bell housing. Not sure how much abuse the PO gave it, but I only managed 300 miles on the SR4 before it gave up the ghost. All easy street miles too, because I knew it was a ticking time-bomb.

Destr0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.