post #1 of Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
pagnani
1983 CJ7 

Spring time means new spring time!

I have had my CJ for a couple of years now and am wanting to lift her up. I have swapped the original CJ springs for YJ springs and the ride has been great but I would like to lift up about 3.5" to 4" and go with 33" tires. I live in Utah and would love to run a lot of the trails around here. She is my DD and I will most likely NOT be crawling huge rocks down in Moab, but more deer trails and camping trails as we hunt year round.

I was considering the OME 2.5" springs because of how much everyone loves the ride on them, but I do not think they will give me enough room to flex on the trails with 33". I have been having a rough time deciding on which springs to run. Someone suggested ZONE springs. They are supposed to be a sister company of BDS but more of the budget line lift. I have $500 to spend and they are right there. I have also been looking at the Black Diamond 3.5" lift, and the Rusty 4" lift.

Does anyone have actual experience running any of these lifts? Has anyone run the Black Diamond or Rustys? Again these would be YJ springs as I have already done the conversion on the hangers and shackles.

Thanks for your input!!

83 CJ7 D44 rear, 4.56, 4" YJ lift, 33" MT, Warn bumper, XRC-8, LOD TCarrier, PS Sliders
"In-4-LO"
post #2 of Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 AM
hutch1200
Recovering Bronco Rider

1979 CJ7 

Bump

I've also learned that sometimes... when people don't agree with you .... its best to hold them down and kidney punch them till they agree with you