Spring time means new spring time! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Spring time means new spring time!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
pagnani
1983 CJ7 

Spring time means new spring time!

I have had my CJ for a couple of years now and am wanting to lift her up. I have swapped the original CJ springs for YJ springs and the ride has been great but I would like to lift up about 3.5" to 4" and go with 33" tires. I live in Utah and would love to run a lot of the trails around here. She is my DD and I will most likely NOT be crawling huge rocks down in Moab, but more deer trails and camping trails as we hunt year round.

I was considering the OME 2.5" springs because of how much everyone loves the ride on them, but I do not think they will give me enough room to flex on the trails with 33". I have been having a rough time deciding on which springs to run. Someone suggested ZONE springs. They are supposed to be a sister company of BDS but more of the budget line lift. I have $500 to spend and they are right there. I have also been looking at the Black Diamond 3.5" lift, and the Rusty 4" lift.

Does anyone have actual experience running any of these lifts? Has anyone run the Black Diamond or Rustys? Again these would be YJ springs as I have already done the conversion on the hangers and shackles.

Thanks for your input!!

Unread 04-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Bump

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.