spring over spring question and i searched - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > spring over spring question and i searched

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 05-17-2004, 06:03 PM   #1
flip2spin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

spring over spring question and i searched

i got a 83 cj-8 that has a spring over on it now
i had to lift the front 2 inches more than the rear to leavle it out
its on 35s with stock springs
im planning a ford front 44 8-lug and a rear d60 shackle reversal on the front and out board the springs and 40s
my question im wanting 4inch lift yj springs will my jeep sit levle be lower in the front and will 40s fit
any help will be greatly appreited

thanks j-rod

flip2spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
gigihurt

It should sit some what level with the YJ springs on it. The CJ springs are definately higher in the rear as I just recently found out when I put my shackles on last week. It almost looks like I did it on purpose.
gigihurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 05:02 PM   #3
contender54

with a spring over and 4 inch springs, 40s will fit.....especially if the axles are full-width
Unread 05-21-2004, 12:09 PM   #4
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Might need to rethink that Ford front axle as it has a driver's side pumpkin compared to a CJ's passenger side drop.. also, if you're gonna do enough fabbing to swap axles and do a shackle reversal, you should be able to "tweak" the mounting of the shackle reversal to make sure you end up level (unless you plan on purchasing one of the bolt on kits then I guess you're kind of stuck with the factory height). 4" springs on a SOA are gonna put you way up there. Not sure if it will clear 40's without some trimming or body lift (I run 1.5" springs SOA and have lots of room for my little 35" TSLs). 40's might also push a Dana 44 to its limit if you wheel it. Might want to consider a D60 frontend. One thing you have going for ya is that longer wheel base. It'll help with the rear driveshaft angle (my rear shaft is only 15.5" long).

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.