spring over axle ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > spring over axle ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 01-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

spring over axle ?

I was looking around for some inexpensive lift kits and i came across an soa kit on ebay sold by rocky road outfitters. I am aware that generally ebay products are not the best of quality but i was wondering if anyone has any experience with this setup. The good and the bad of the kit is that it is bolton which is somewhat appealing because i would rather not weld unless i have to but at the same time i am worried that this kit would be somewhat sloppy. by the way my jeep is a 76' cj7. I would appreciate any input you have on this!

mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
sweetguardian00
1946 CJ2A 

im pretty sure its impossible to "Bolt On" a SOA lift
1984 C-10 6.2/SM465
Yeah it's a Diesel
sweetguardian00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

It's do-able, but it ain't quite right. I'd suggest that you search this forum on SOA* (need 4 characters for the search engine) and start reading and digesting. SOA has been covered here and everywhere else ad nauseum...there's usually at least one new SOA post each week. There's *tons* of info available from the basic conversion to steering and driveline issues and there's even some threads and commentary on the Rocky Road kit. I would *not* recommend going SOA with the stock narrow track setup. You also need to look at how you plan to use the Jeep and what size tires you plan to run as that leads into gearing choices, axle strength concerns, etc.
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

Thanks for the info. I know this is frowned upon but to tell you the truth i'm really kind of a poser here. Not by choice but I live in toledo Ohio and theres no were to go that has any real off-road trails unless I trailer the jeep somewhere because I'm not driving on the highway for any distance with a T150 in there. So mostly I am just looking for something cheap because I like the look and I'm running out of things to wrench on. I really don't want to get into any problems that will require me to spend lots of time modifying the rest of the drivetrain etc.
I thought that an SOA kit might provide me with that but I am seeing thats probably not going to be the case
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

Sweet butterbeans of mercy! SOA is like the ultimate domino effect. Once you get started changing things there always seems to be at least one more thing you have to change. I would not bet a bent nickel that a bolt on SOA kit would actually work out.
foggybottombob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
sweetguardian00
1946 CJ2A 

Toledo, Ohio huh, well, you basically live in Heaven for Jeepers, do a search on Willys-Overland Motors, you'll see what i mean
1984 C-10 6.2/SM465
Yeah it's a Diesel
sweetguardian00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.