spring over - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > spring over

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-09-2002, 07:39 PM   #1
duitinmud

spring over

OK boyz,lining up stuff for the upcoming project on the CJ and I was wondering where to find the spring pads for the D30. The only ones I've found have a radius thats too large. Or should I just cut my own. Any help to speed this project would be appreciated. I think the radius of the D30 and AMC 20 is 2 1/4, but not sure. Thanks and Happy Holidays! Wonder if Santa has a spring over on the sleigh? No mud outside, just frozen ground.Brrrrrrr.

duitinmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2002, 08:39 PM   #2
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

I make my own! I'm sure they are available at some of the internet Jeep business sites though.

Unread 12-09-2002, 08:52 PM   #3
duitinmud

pads

Wow Ol' Jeep Dude you certainly do! Those are the ducks nutz,and I've got all that stock layin' around. Don't be mad if I copy them, I don't plan on making more then 4. That is unless you make these on the side. Nice weld bead too, your good,you are good. Thanks.

Last edited by duitinmud; 12-09-2002 at 09:05 PM..
Unread 12-09-2002, 09:03 PM   #4
duitinmud

pads

Ol' jeepr', went to your site...love the cage,that bender payed itself off. Did you SOA that CJ? I'm sure you didn't go through all that trouble to make those nice pads and not go SOA.
Unread 12-09-2002, 09:06 PM   #5
CSP

Duit the diameter you want is 2-5/8". I've made spring pads using 2" x 4" tubing and use a hole saw to cut a hole in the center of the 4" side. Then cut it in half to create two 2" x 2" pads.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2002, 09:15 PM   #6
duitinmud

Great Forum

OK, You guyz. Do you just put the pad up against the pumpkin or cut that side oversized and weld to the cast iron? All these great ideas, can't wait to get started. You could get away with just laying it along side, being it 's only 2" wide.
Unread 12-09-2002, 09:33 PM   #7
CSP

I grind the pumpkin to the proper angle and size. I've never gone SOA with a Dana 30 though, so I really don't know if there are size/position constraints.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2002, 09:54 PM   #8
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Re: pads

Quote:
Originally posted by duitinmud
Ol' jeepr', went to your site...love the cage,that bender payed itself off. Did you SOA that CJ? I'm sure you didn't go through all that trouble to make those nice pads and not go SOA.
Those pads were for an SOA job on my friends CJ.

I rolled my Jeep 9 days ago and it's in the garage awaiting repairs...Probably won't go SOA on mine for awhile though...
Unread 12-09-2002, 09:59 PM   #9
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Here are a few shots from the SOA we did on my friend's CJ. We used full width Scout axles, outboarded the springs and did a shackle reversal. As you can see we had to fab a pumpkin side springpad.

Unread 12-09-2002, 10:03 PM   #10
duitinmud

ouch

That's a bummer,the cage helped..had to. Well at least you know your roll angle(bad joke) hope no one was hurt. Well with your talent, I'm sure it won't be long before it's back on all fours.Take care and Happy-Happy.
Unread 12-09-2002, 10:12 PM   #11
duitinmud

dog gone it!

Wow, now there a lil'work. I know those Scout axles are a pain(getting the angles right,lots of grinding)Dog gone thats a good lookin job. Time to call in the favors.
Unread 12-09-2002, 10:18 PM   #12
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Re: dog gone it!

Quote:
Originally posted by duitinmud
Wow, now there a lil'work. I know those Scout axles are a pain(getting the angles right,lots of grinding)Dog gone thats a good lookin job. Time to call in the favors.
If you check out the first pic, you'll see that we cut the knuckles loose from the axle tube, rotated and rewelded them - this was necessary to get the caster we wanted (5 degrees in this case).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.