Spray-in liners. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Spray-in liners.

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-21-2003, 04:56 PM   #1
New! Bee!

Spray-in liners.

Heavily considering getting a spray-in liner put over the entire floor system of my '73 CJ5. I hear good things. My main concern is rust prevention, along with dampening cockpit engine noise, and plus, I can't look at the half-assed paint job anymore.

Anybody here done this to a 5 before? If so, how much did you spend, who's the best company to go with, and what parts of the floor should I leave unmolested?

- Ben

New! Bee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2003, 02:25 PM   #2
rok_toy

I checked into rhino lining...700 dollars. I then decided to go with a do it yourself lining(herculiner, lava liner). I haven't put one in yet, but I figure 100 dollars and some of my time is a better deal.

If you have the money,I don't, the spray-in would be better.
Unread 03-23-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
goody350s

i have a 75 cj5 my best friend has a 79 cj 5
we both put herciliner down on our floors
it seems to be a really good product
seems to me that the rino spray in liner is fairly
expensive and it isnt that hard to do the
herciliner yourself just make sur you scuff the surface
then clean the surface really well with xylene
i bought the pack at a menards here in town
for about a hundred bucks it also says you can spray
it on if you thin it down with xylene if you have a compressor
and a spray gun
anyway thats my .02
Unread 03-24-2003, 10:48 PM   #4
cinnamonbelle

If you want to get a bit tweaky with it, there are special sound-dampening panels you can sort of melt on on with a heat blower. A supplier to higher-end car audio stores would know about them.
cinnamonbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2003, 09:36 AM   #5
onesojourner

i just finished putting my herculiner down last night. i think its going to be awesome. it a while to get it all done, but i think it will be worth it. and if it ever peels its self bonding so i can just fix the spot thats gets messed up. just remerber to wear gloves. this junk is going to be on my hands for a longggg time...
onesojourner is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.