Spray on bedliner - ebay - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Spray on bedliner - ebay

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #1
pwhit

Spray on bedliner - ebay

Has anyone used this stuff?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...150668375&rd=1

Unread 09-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

looks pretty reasonable.....

I may give it a try
Sales & Tech 916.600.1945
Dan Fredrickson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
bdmonist
WTF is that?

1984 CJ7 

Never heard of that but know of many on here that have prayed in the Herculiner, which looks very good. If it were me, I would stick to something known and spray in some Herc!

AMC 20 Write Up
In Progress - 4.56 gears, Aussie Rear Locker, Moser 1 Piece Axles
Coming Soon - CV Shafts, Welded Tubes, trusses
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

Someone here just posted a week or two ago with pics of some kind of spray on liner he got from Ebay.
Don't know if it was the same stuff, but it looked great.
Pacfanweb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
Bard
1985 CJ7 

Stick with herculiner, my experience is it works great. Ace has a set up with everything for $75.
85' CJ7 Laredo, 383 GM, Turbo 350, NP 203. SOA, 2" frame lift, 34" TSL swampers, Dana 30 open, AMC 20 w/ detroit locker, 4:10's, 1 Piece Mosers, 35" boggers to abuse when needed.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
supraman1990
1980 CJ5 

Another vote for herculiner. I bought all mine on E-bay and got the kit plus quart. I bet mine is sprayed nearly a half inch thick in my 5. In total with the Herc and the gun I think I spent $120.
On the back burner for college.
supraman1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
ronprice

I have used the duplicolor airisol spray on bed liner for wally mart and it worked great. $7.89 a can and it went pretty far. They have it in a roll on also.
Unread 09-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #8
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

Thats interesting.....

I have used duplicolor paint for years and been very happy with it, didn't know they made a bedliner, I'll buy a can of that first and see how far it goes. I used to have a friend in the spray on business but i have 6 rigs to do right now and I can't ask for that much.....
Sales & Tech 916.600.1945
Dan Fredrickson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2007, 02:52 AM   #9
jeepmor

You can buy a gallon of the Duplicolor liner for about $50 at Napa. I used it under my diamond plate panels to eliminate chafing and rust growth since I live in the PNW where that is a real concern. I do not recommend rolling this stuff on where you will see it, I'd make the extra effort to spray it.

I also saw the post about the ebay product, it looked very nice and I would recommend it from the pics posted by original poster. IIRC, it came with the needed spray gun also. Clean it well and you can use it again. I think you need a compressor though, keep that in mind.

I'd also recommend buying a tube of urethane from your paint shop (seems to be the only place I've found it is all) and seal any/all those pesky gaps much like you would use silicone and latex to seal up your house. Makes the finished turn out better and you don't have to hose it into the gaps to fill them, possibly compromising your overall finished look.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2007, 03:08 AM   #10
jeepmor

Sorry, double tap.

BTW, I have a Armacoat in my jeep and it's held up for 11 years so far. It's a line-x cousin that was considerably better than the squishy rhino product of the time. Rhino has since moved their formulation to be more like LineX, which is tough stuff. I think Armacoat is debunk now, have not seen it for a while. This was all before any of that DIY products were avaialable. For that matter, the 4wd hardware catalog looked like a brochure instead of a magazine back then too.

Regardless, it is one of the expensive spray on type you take to the shop to have done. I had my bare tub done, up the firewall and cowl, and also came over the bedrails. I also had the entire underside of the body and engine bay firewall done. Front fenders too, although, after 11 years of wheeling hard, they are no longer straight, but that's a differen topic, the liner under it is still nice and sound.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #11
mmerlina
Image Glassworks, Inc.

1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmor
I'd also recommend buying a tube of urethane from your paint shop (seems to be the only place I've found it is all) and seal any/all those pesky gaps
Hey jeepmore, a local glass shop that does automotive (windshields and such) will have urethane. I only know this because my family owns one. Just a side note for future reference.

1986 Jeep CJ7 (photos)
Remanufactured 258, ARB lockers front & rear, 4.10 Yukon gears, 35x12.5" Super Swamper SSR's, Motorcraft 2100, 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme-Duty lift, York 210 OBA, Big Daddy steering, Tatton rear CV driveshaft, Herculined interior, TJ flares, lots of body & upholstery work
mmerlina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #12
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerlina
Hey jeepmore, a local glass shop that does automotive (windshields and such) will have urethane. I only know this because my family owns one. Just a side note for future reference.
Not the stuff you want for filling seams and gaps.

What you want is something like FUSOR, or 3M Joint and Seam Sealer. You can paint over them and they adhere to most anything.

Windshield urethane won't really adhere to paint and primer, and it's not designed to be coated.
Pacfanweb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #13
mmerlina
Image Glassworks, Inc.

1986 CJ7 

Oh I gotchya, I didn't realize there was more than one type/application. (Sorry about the hijack btw)

1986 Jeep CJ7 (photos)
Remanufactured 258, ARB lockers front & rear, 4.10 Yukon gears, 35x12.5" Super Swamper SSR's, Motorcraft 2100, 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme-Duty lift, York 210 OBA, Big Daddy steering, Tatton rear CV driveshaft, Herculined interior, TJ flares, lots of body & upholstery work
mmerlina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.